The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

The weather this last week has been perfect in Scotland. In fact it was almost too hot for us, so went down to the coast where there was a slight 'haar' or coastal fog. This made for some nice atmospheric photos.

Here we have St Monan's harbour in the East Neuk of Fife.

Last edited:
Thanks Rich and Matt.
Yep, the 60mm is pretty sharp.

A quick day in downtown Los Angeles:
18mm f/5.6 Bradbury Building

18mm f/2 Biltmore Hotel

18mm f/2.8 Union Station

60mm f/8 Toy District

18mm f/5.6 From Rooftop at Standard Hotel

johnnygoesdigital

Dave and Joe,

I love these images! Scotland is beautiful, my grammy hails from there! That seaside village would make a great film location too.

Joe, you convinced me to get the 18mm. Very impressive results with this little, discreet, and amazing camera!

Braeside

Thanks for all the comments, Matt nice to see you here as well. That 60mm does look nice, may be my next lens.

Braeside

Dave and Joe,

I love these images! Scotland is beautiful, my grammy hails from there! That seaside village would make a great film location too.
Hi Johnny, yes parts are very picturesque indeed, and you never tire of the variable weather. Any plans to visit?

Another from yesterday in St Monans.

Last edited:
Union Pacific Railroad Tracks Leading Into Dallas

Got up before dawn with a friend and headed to Dallas to shoot this. I had hoped for many more clouds in the sky to produce a more dramatic shot but this one seems to have turned out ok. This was taken with the Fuji X-Pro1 and the 18mm. Post work in Photoshop CS5.

Terry

Jim Excellent
Rich my favorite is the one wit the light hitting the cross.

Went away with just my iPad for the weekend and dumb me forgot the camera connection sd card reader. I did manage to bring the USB piece but I think the camera uses a propritery plug. arrrgh. So will post a few when I get back to SF

johnnygoesdigital

Here's a sunset...I needed a foreground, but it does't convey scale.
This really is a quirky camera, i'm always hitting buttons or pushing something I shouldn't, it makes all kinds of noises, like a frisky kitten, but I can't get enough. Oddly, out of all the cameras I've used, this camera is one of the most satisfying! I'm even using a cable release, so it feels like film. My relationship with this camera is like no other, and when I figure it out, I'll try to convey it.

Last edited:

johnnygoesdigital

Rich M,

The first macro should be in a gallery!

Jim,

The symmetry of the tracks is outstanding! Nice composition!

David,

Amazing photos of low tide, I can hear the gulls and smell the sea! Nicely done!

Rich M

Here's a sunset...I needed a foreground, but it does't convey scale.
This really is a quirky camera, i'm always hitting buttons or pushing something I shouldn't, it makes all kinds of noises, like a frisky kitten, but I can't get enough. Oddly, out of all the cameras I've used, this camera is one of the most satisfying! I'm even using a cable release, so it feels like film. My relationship with this camera is like no other, and when I figure it out, I'll try to convey it.
Johnny.....I like both of your shots.....nice sunset and really nice B&W conversion of the schoolhouse.

R

Braeside

Rich, just love what you do with the 60.
Jim, an absolute stunning shot.
David, how do you keep the camera dry in that weather? Fun images.
It was actually perfectly dry, just a light mist that was clinging to the ground in the harbour and out to sea, with this marvellous subdued light filtering through.
Makes a change from driving rain!

scho

A few shots (all at f/11) taken this afternoon at the local marina with the XP1 and CV 12mm. Thanks to Rich's nice work :clap: with the CV 12 on the XP1 I couldn't resist this lens. As Rich noted, the lens performs very well on the XP1 in terms of minimal distortion and lack of significant corner/edge problems. Now I just have to learn how to use and focus it properly.