The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Gbealnz

Beautiful David, I'm looking forward to using mine, but for I/R you need decent (sunny) weather, something that has been on the shortlist here of late. The initial testing I did showed promise, not quite as "simple" as the M8, but quite good just the same.
Gary

Braeside

Gary, looking forward to seeing some of your IR work. We were lucky with the sun today, so glad I took the tripod and IR filter!

scho

Hi Carl, The workflow here: I have been converting the IR raw in Silkypix (to tiff). Then using Aperture and Nik Silver Efex plugin for the mono conversion.
Sounds like a good workflow and giving you great images. I've been playing with conversions in RPP with a gamma (2.2) curve and various monochrome film simulations followed by export as a tiff with clarity tweak in Topaz Adjust.

Sample taken with the 35mm Fujinon (it also will hotspot when stopped down).

Open in new window for larger (a 50% jpeg) size and detail:

corposant

I think it suits you ...

Lee
Still not really sure what to think. I have used my NEX enough to really appreciate "shooting at the waist," but it's growing on me. I wish it had more predictive AF (like a DSLR), but 25 points isn't bad either. ISO 100 would be nice for daytime shooting...

35mm:

18mm:

Gbealnz

Only you can decide I guess, but from the few images you have posted, I'd say you could do way worse. They look spectacular.
Gary

tom in mpls

We were on the southern edge of the huge storms that battered Duluth tonight (120 miles from us). We were fortunate, only getting about 1/4" whereas Duluth got close to 10". This was the second time that I've seen a rainbow that stretches completely across the sky from horizon to horizon. I couldn't capture the whole bow. My daughter saw it first and excitedly called me to come look. I decide to shoot at f/1.4 to capture her OOF in the foreground.

Braeside

While Tom was having a storm, we had a glorious day in Perth Scotland. (That was yesterday, today we have torrential rain).

A couple from the gardens in Perth:

Rich M

While Tom was having a storm, we had a glorious day in Perth Scotland. (That was yesterday, today we have torrential rain).

A couple from the gardens in Perth:

Very nice shot with the 60mm David.

I am not familiar.....what type of lily is this?

R

scho

A near/far garden composition taken with the Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5 L II on the XP1. Two shifted images shot with 1.5 degrees downward tilt were processed and stitched in CS6. Lens preset at f/8, where it stays all the time.

Larger 50% Image at Pbase

corposant

Only you can decide I guess, but from the few images you have posted, I'd say you could do way worse. They look spectacular.
Gary
Thanks Gary!

Going back to lurking mode - the camera has been returned to its owner and I am not planning on buying it. Keep up all the good work!