The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Gbealnz

Ah, you guys talking about Mini's, it has me reminiscing about the good old days, my first car was a Mini, back in the late 60's.
A succession of then ensued, but I haven't owned one for years. Coincidently though, my son is buying one, and importing it from the UK, a Cooper S GP, sounds nice, should be here in a few weeks.
A recent motor weekend though, and I spied a pair of them, one old, one new.
Taken as we left, in the car-park outside, used the 35/1.4.
Gary

Last edited:

Braeside

Gary, I'm sure your son will love the GP!

That photo makes the classic look the same size as the new MINI, whereas they are quite different as you know. It's actually quite shocking when you see a classic these days, they are tiny!

Thanks for posting.

dhsimmonds

Hi Terry

If you drive a modern mini, then you really must see this!!

MINI UK

I don't own a Mini, but I did learn to drive on what today might be called a micro-car. If you like it was an even much earlier version of David's scary ride in a fifties bubble car. They were called then cycle cars because of their motor cycle engines. It was a 1928 Morgan aero sport with three wheels, two at the front one at the back with a 1100 cc JAP twin cylinder petrol, four stroke, air cooled engine up front. It went like the clappers but it didn't stop so well either!

I wasn't around in 1928 I hasten to add so it was ancient when I bought it in 1957. There is now a modern version Morgan 3 wheeler with an American motor cycle engine, I believe they tried to get Harley Davidson engines for it, but the company wouldn't play ball with Morgan.

Apologies to the OP for being way, way off subject!

scho

Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar on the XP1. Two images processed in RPP(1559beta) and stitched in CS6.

I am Just back from California..

I just spent a week in California using ONLY the X-Pro1. Normally I would have taken my K5 and GH2 and all the lenses but on this trip I only took the X-Pro1 and the 18, 35 and 60mm lenses. I used the 18 and 35 the most.

The shot below was a redo from last year when the sky was overcast and featurless. I timed my arrival at the location hoping to see a bit of blue sky and some golden light. It worked out perfectly.

Shot with the X-Pro1 & 35mm f/9.0 1/400s ISO 400. This is a JPG file and the first one I have had a chance to work on since getting off the plane this afternoon.

I came from 63 degrees in San Francisco to 102 degrees in Dallas... needless to say, I would rather be on the coast for numerous reasons.

Here is one more, this one taken at Pescadaro Beach, California as the tide was coming in. X-Pro1 with 35mm and a variable neutral density filter. Exposure was 6.5 seconds at f/16, ISO 200.

Yep, that is a starfish on one of the rocks... glad it showed up in the photo.

More photos to come as I find the time to review them.

Last edited:

teeraash

Hello guys,
Need help here. I only get image size = 1920x1280 from the latest RPP betas (1561 and 1563) no matter which interoperation I used. What I should do? Many thanks.

Hello guys,
Need help here. I only get image size = 1920x1280 from the latest RPP betas (1561 and 1563) no matter which interoperation I used. What I should do? Many thanks.
The preview is always in Half mode. If you have selected the VNG interpolation the actual size of the TIFF file will be 4952X3288.
By the way there is a more recent beta version available, build 1570.

Local Bar - Fort Worth, Texas XP1 @ ISO 3200

I decided to do a little low light, late night shooting with the X-Pro1 tonight. Here is one of a local bar in Fort Worth, Texas. handheld, ISO 3200 1/27s F/2.0 using the 35mm. RAW file converted in demo version of Lightroom 4.1

Yes, the bar stools are saddles.

Sapphie

both with RPP - level of detail extraordinary compared with LR or even JPEG. I wonder how much it matters, though - I must do some prints to see!

P.S. Yes a rare blue sky day in the UK this summer!

Lee

A couple from the 4th of July Holiday..

What's more American than a good old fashioned rodeo?
Taken with the X-Pro1 18mm @ ISO 3200 because the lighting in the arena was somewhat low and the action of the horse and rider were somewhat fast. Not bad for a camera that is not supposed to be good for action shots. I prefocused on the barrel and had the aperture set to f/4 to insure reasonable focus: Fuji X-Pro1 - 18mm 1/250s ISO 3200 f/4.0

and while I am not big on fireworks I had to try a shot or two of fireworks...
Fuji X-Pro1 - 18mm f/8 ISO 800 1 second exposure

Last edited:

Braeside

both with RPP - level of detail extraordinary compared with LR or even JPEG. I wonder how much it matters, though - I must do some prints to see!

P.S. Yes a rare blue sky day in the UK this summer!

Lee
Lovely!

Not so nice here today!

Cheers