The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

PenSon

It looks like a bit overexposed still I used -0.67 EV on the shot. It was a very bright sun on the flowers. So next time I will try to go -1 EV lower (-1.7). It is not the cameras foul but the photographer foul for the overexposing.

Trygve

teeraash

I'm going to eat you!

Poor woman, she didn't know that she would be eaten alive!

Voigtlander Ultra Wide Heliar 12mm f5.6

Last edited:
Re: I'm going to eat you!

Poor woman, she didn't know that she would be eaten alive!

Voigtlander Ultra Wide Heliar 12mm f5.6
What's your feeling using this RF ultra wide on the X1 pro?
Hopefully I will receive my Kipon adapter today and I will also try my Leica lenses on this new toy.

V

Vivek

teeraash, Where are these images from? Quite impressive from the CV12, though I suspect the extreme corners are a mush.

I have got today a couple of Kipon adapters and I made same quick test shot with the most difficult RF lens I have, the CV 15.
One good news is that I have not detected any substantial color shift, the bad news is that the borders and the corners are substantially mushed: I made a comparison with the same lens on the Ricoh GXR, and in this regard the latter is substantially better.
A second bad news, not related to this WA lens but more general, is that the manual focusing is hardly usable also with the legacy lenses.
As long as you can live without magnification it may be fine but the enlarged image is very unstable and as such totally unusable for the fine tuning of the focus.
And of course there is no focus peaking.
Hopefully the handling of the manual focussing issues can be addressed in a future FW, the bad performances in the edges and in the corners I am afraid are strictly related to the sensor design (absence of microlenses?) and so much more difficult to improve.
I did not buy this excellent camera to use it with legacy lenses, so there is no regret on my side, but since I have excellent M lenses I just wanted to try.
The second adapter I got is for Nikon mount lenses and I will use it to see the performances os same Leica R I have on Leitax mount.

teeraash

teeraash, Where are these images from? Quite impressive from the CV12, though I suspect the extreme corners are a mush.
The last 3 pics and this one were taken at the Emerald Buddha Temple, Bangkok, Thailand. I would not say that extreme corners of CV12 are mushy. They are softer than Fujinon and I like them that way. :)

Link to full size jpeg here,
_DSF7012 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:

teeraash

I can only attach thumbnails but not an actual images even though I used the insert pictures icon or manually added
before and after the images url. Please help.

ReeRay

I can only attach thumbnails but not an actual images even though I used the insert pictures icon or manually added
before and after the images url. Please help.
In Flickr go to the image you wish to share and click on it. You will then see "Share". Drop down menu gives "Grab the HTML/BBCode", use BBCode. Copy all the info and then paste this in GETDPI . Delete the blue "http://" that first shows and replace with your link.

Hope this helps

Here's one from your site

[IMG][url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/78254937@N07/6861289064/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7093/6861289064_99bee38acd_c.jpg[/url] _DSF7012 by teera_ash, on Flickrhttp://[/IMG]

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Quite a few shops here have the body and only the body. I pre-ordered elsewhere but I am not really sure. It sure would be nice to have it for low light photography despite all the built in impediments the camera seems to have. A bit confusing choice.