The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

Lovely shot Carl. Did you also shoot JPEG and were able to compare?
Lee
Thanks Lee. Yes, I've been shooting raw+jpg and the jpegs are usually quite good, but the raws allow more control. This is particularly true for landscapes with large areas of blue sky. I found that trying to adjust exposure with jpegs would often lead to excessive cyan in the sky blues.
Pastel Provia
Lee
Very nice, soft pastel colors in this image.

scho

Suncatcher at work. Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar at f/5.6 ISO 400. From raw processed in Silkypix.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Thanks, Rich.

35/1.4 / Pro-X in early AM dark, flat light...windy, rainy. Set Pro-X on A, and lens on A...almost all shots close to wide open...goosed up color and contrast a bit...impressed with wide open sharpness.

First image: decaying piece of putting green astro-turf

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
35/1.4 / Pro-X in macro mode. Just figured out how to work in macro mode...still shooting A/A so depth of focus is shallow.

Next step...manual mode to increase depth of focus.

Last edited:

scho

35/1.4 / Pro-X in macro mode. Just figured out how to work in macro mode...still shooting A/A so depth of focus is shallow.

Next step...manual mode to increase depth of focus.
Nice macros Roy. Looks like you are having fun with the XP1.

scho

A few shots from a walkabout with the XP1+35 1.4 on the waterfront. First warm spring day this month. All jpegs from camera.

scho

Output as TIFF from Silkypix and PP in Lightroom:

Lee
Very nice Lee. Great detail and sharp. How did you like working with Silkypix? I do the minimum processing in SP and then like you have done work on the tif in LR. Sure hope we get raw support soon form Adobe.