The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

Carl

Those are absolutely astounding! Well done indeed ... you have cheated - even the X-Pro 1 isn't this good?

Lee
Thank you Lee. Just OOC jpegs with some minor exposure (my camera tends to overexpose) and clarity adjustments in LR4 before exporting the jpegs for web.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Giving trees a shot, spurred on by the lovely images of Carl and Lee.
All jpegs...35/1.4 / Pro-X-1. Really impressed with the rendering of fine detail in bark and leaves. I once had a 35/1.4 AIS Nikkor that was famous for this capability...this Fuji lens comes close.

Last edited:

scho

Sapphie;409678 Lee[/QUOTE said:
Lee,
Lovely image, nice reflections. Weather looks similar to what we experienced today, although it was 80 degrees F this afternoon with a strong south wind. Tomorrow comes a cold front and back down to 50. Typical yo-yo spring weather here which is basically a struggle between winter and summer.

Sapphie

I was very naughty today. X-Pro 1 is addictive. I seemed to find myself in the local camera shop.

18mm.

My other half will kill me, not because of the lens but because I didn't wipe the table first, LOL.
Ok, it's just a snap but I am surprised how close in I can get with the lens.

Lee

Last edited:

benroy

Subscriber Member
The tree at the end on my driveway. My first stop every morning is to take pics of this old, carpenter ant riddled tree to check exposure. The 35/1.4 is so good at rendering fine detail (bark , leaves) that a project is in mind...taking the tree from full length down to close up parts in a series of images. Here's the first set:

Last edited:

biglouis

Can I just say as a Leica owners I find the X Pro 1 very worrying indeed. Played with one a couple of weeks ago and it was very hard to walk out of the shop without it. The images here only reinforce the dilemma faced by aging Leica owners who could do with a little help in the focussing department. My resolve may well fail as and when the 35 f2 equivalent lens is released.

LouisB

Sapphie

Can I just say as a Leica owners I find the X Pro 1 very worrying indeed. Played with one a couple of weeks ago and it was very hard to walk out of the shop without it. The images here only reinforce the dilemma faced by aging Leica owners who could do with a little help in the focussing department. My resolve may well fail as and when the 35 f2 equivalent lens is released.

LouisB
:)

Or how about the 60mm (90mm equivalent) ?

Lee

Terry

Time to bend some more resolve.....

First is crop of the second. More coming soon....
35 f1.4 in macro mode

Last edited: