The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

Rich, that's great that 15 works so well, I am just waiting on my XP-1 arriving, and I have the CV15 (and an adaptor on order).

The camera was supposed to be here yesterday but the carrier didn't turn up and is trying again this morning, fingers crossed!

Edit: Camera + 35mm lens arrived, battery charging. Have updated the firmware as had enough charge in it.
Looks very nice indeed.

Last edited:

scho

Carl.......this photo made me feel happy. :)

R
Happy you are happy Rich:)
On that note, on to some content from this eve....

Ashwin, All are great, but I really liked the shot of the batters. Great timing.
Fantastic colors in this image. Bravo, Carl!
Thank you Ashwin.
Ashwin......you always catch the best Husky sports shots.......Bravo!!

I'm a Husky too......(UConn :D )........how I ever ended up in Hawaii, I'll never know.
R
Me too Rich - UConn class of '59. :clap:
A few from today with the 35. I have to figure out how to film bracket...the Velvia is pretty over the top at times.

I'm going to have to bug Carl again.....I tried to get close to these jpegs (but not so vibrant and saturated) using RPP, but they seemed flat.

I guess that's another discussion.

R
These look great Rich. Try boosting saturation to 30 -40 in RPP.
One last one from today with the CV15/4.5.....no crop....SOOC.

R
Great to see that the 15 is performing so well on the XP1. I need to dig mine out and give it a try.

V

Vivek

Sorry, guys, but wee see photos of a content which should make us think and discuss or even do something. Whether or not a tool puts out technically good files is completely irrelevant in this context. Or did I missunderstand something? :(
That is a constant reminder in the back of my mind before I pick up a camera which makes all my snaps, hmm..:eek:

I am going to look up every single post of yours here (only 365) to search for some inspirational images. :)

benroy

Subscriber Member
Last posting for a spell...got no reaction/response to last set...probably due to deja vue all over again...so I'll back off for a while and enjoy the work of others.

Here's a set from this AM's walk-around: 60/2.4 jpegs. Used the Velvia mode...like South Beach with the color. Tried the 90 Summicron R with Pro X adapter...like focusing through the bottom of a beer bottle.

Nice image compliments to Ashwin, Carl, Lee, Rich...waiting to see Jim Radcliffe's first Pro X output.

Last edited:

scho

Last posting for a spell...got no reaction/response to last set...probably due to deja vue all over again...so I'll back off for a while and enjoy the work of others.

Here's a set from this AM's walk-around: 60/2.4 jpegs. Used the Velvia mode...like South Beach with the color. Tried the 90 Summicron R with Pro X adapter...like focusing through the bottom of a beer bottle.

Nice image compliments to Ashwin, Carl, Lee, Rich...waiting to see Jim Radcliffe's first Pro X output.
Roy,

Good subjects for Velvia. The second shot of the sign in particular really has nice velvia pop and good composition.

Hosermage

I think you have misunderstood...not sure if we are on the same page, and as I don't understand your comment or inquiry...sorry...
Not to speak for retow or anything, but I think I understand what he's saying. The series of shots with the signs made of children in troubled homes have a highly emotional and social political message. I hoped that when we see images like that, they should first tug at our hearts to feel for the children, before they tickle our minds about the composition or color rendering. They did made me look up the organization behind those signs, so Ashwin your shots did "good" work. And BTW, great photos, too! :)

Thanks, Roy!

Hope Jim doesn't mind, but here are some pics and throughts of his of the XPro-1 from his site:

Fuji X-Pro1 Photography by Jim Radcliffe
No problem, Ashwin.. I've been in class for the last week with not a single opportunity to get out and shoot.. I hate it when that happens. May have a chance this weekend to take a few shots.

So far I am amazed by the output of the X-Pro1 and the two lenses I own. The camera is fun to use and the icing on the cake is the amazing output. I love it and can't wait to pick up the 60mm to complete my set of lenses.

The X-Pro1 may be the only camera I take with me during my upcoming trip to California.. there is a part of me that says take the K5 and a couple of lenses but I may just leave everything at home and concentrate on using the X-Pro1.

I can honestly say that I have never owned a camera that has produced such amazing photos. That includes my M8 and my 5D and 5D MKII. I think the X-Pro1 beats them both on numerous levels and numerous ways.

The AF is slow but then 99% of what I shoot does not require super fast AF capabilities.

I am going to buy an M adapter and a Minolta adapter.. maybe even a K-Mount adpater.. I have so much glass and am truly thankful the X-Pro1 will be able to mount all of it... what a versatile camera it is.

ashwinrao1

Not to speak for retow or anything, but I think I understand what he's saying. The series of shots with the signs made of children in troubled homes have a highly emotional and social political message. I hoped that when we see images like that, they should first tug at our hearts to feel for the children, before they tickle our minds about the composition or color rendering. They did made me look up the organization behind those signs, so Ashwin your shots did "good" work. And BTW, great photos, too! :)
Oh yes, now that clears it up. THanks, David....And yes, Retow, absolutely correct...

Sorry to anyone who may have judged the images or my commentary about gear in that context as insensitive in anyway. My thought was to bring light to the images and their local impact.

ashwinrao1

No problem, Ashwin.. I've been in class for the last week with not a single opportunity to get out and shoot.. I hate it when that happens. May have a chance this weekend to take a few shots.

So far I am amazed by the output of the X-Pro1 and the two lenses I own. The camera is fun to use and the icing on the cake is the amazing output. I love it and can't wait to pick up the 60mm to complete my set of lenses.

The X-Pro1 may be the only camera I take with me during my upcoming trip to California.. there is a part of me that says take the K5 and a couple of lenses but I may just leave everything at home and concentrate on using the X-Pro1.

I can honestly say that I have never owned a camera that has produced such amazing photos. That includes my M8 and my 5D and 5D MKII. I think the X-Pro1 beats them both on numerous levels and numerous ways.

The AF is slow but then 99% of what I shoot does not require super fast AF capabilities.

I am going to buy an M adapter and a Minolta adapter.. maybe even a K-Mount adpater.. I have so much glass and am truly thankful the X-Pro1 will be able to mount all of it... what a versatile camera it is.

Jim, You will love the 60. It's a bit slow to focus, particularly in Macro mode, but is entirely useable and produced fantastic output. I have an M mount, K mount, and R mount adapter, and find manually focussing to be acceptable, more challenging the slower the glass one has...

I have tried a few captures with the 80 R summilux and 77FA and 31 FA lenses. Output is magical...

Terry

Hey Jim,
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with when you get a chance to shoot some more.

scho

The AUTO dynamic range feature in the XP1 really works well. It correctly picked 400 (ISO 800) for this rhody blossom that was partly in full sun and the rest in shade. Processed from raw in RPP where I also pulled up the shadows a little and held back the highlight a bit more using the compressed exposure and black point settings.

Rich M

Happy you are happy Rich:)
It doesn't take much these days :)

Me too Rich - UConn class of '59. :clap:
Class of '72..... Go Huskies ;)

Try boosting saturation to 30 -40 in RPP.
Carl....thanks AGAIN......here is a shot in RPP (35mm and AutoDR). RPP retained a lot of detail lost in the jpeg. Not the greatest picture....just illustrative of the detail available in RAW.

Here is a 1:1 crop......looks like it could stand alone actually.

So my question is.....how is it possible to have so little noise in these files (no noise reduction was applied)? I thought originally that there was some in-camera voodoo going on in the JPEG engine to suppress it, but it would show up in RAW.

I got rid of a Canon 7D because of noise at base ISO.....my GH2 has quite a bit too. So what's the deal?

R

JCT

It doesn't take much these days :)

I got rid of a Canon 7D because of noise at base ISO.....my GH2 has quite a bit too. So what's the deal?

R
Now Rich, are you complaining? :ROTFL:

My XPro-1 + 35mm showed up today -- too incendiary to go out this afternoon, but early tomorrow!