The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

PenSon

Thank you Matt.
I have not used the SilkyPix software, but the RPP software looks very nice with different film emulations. (I think I will send a donation for supporting the software) I normaly use CaptureOne for my raw files and I am waiting for the support in CaptureOne.
Trygve

Yes, I do separate the AF from the shutter button. Problem is movement is much too quick. I knew it would not work, but still worth a try.
Can you pls suggest me how to do that?
I can us AF/AL button to lock/unlock focus already achieved with the shutter button, or to achieve focus in MF mode (but so missing the confirmation), I was looking for the possibility to use the AF/AL button as the main focus actuator, as I usually do on other cameras, but I could not find the way.
Thanks

OlliL

Just set the camera to MF and the AF/AL button becomes the only focus actuator.
Maybe you're going to set in the menu, wether it should lock Focus/Exposure/Both.
At least that's how it works on the X100.

Just set the camera to MF and the AF/AL button becomes the only focus actuator.
Maybe you're going to set in the menu, wether it should lock Focus/Exposure/Both.
At least that's how it works on the X100.
Yes I know, as I have written above, but in this way I'm missing the focus confirmation.

OlliL

Ah got you.
No confirmation on the 100 either, but I set the distance bar to be visible in the VF, so I can check it that way.

benroy

Subscriber Member
Really have enjoyed the images of Carl, Rich, Graham, Trygve, Joe, and BigKidneys over the past few days...thanks to all for the viewing pleasure.

These pics are of an Islamic Center under construction in Boca Raton...this is the second one, by the way. I was attracted by the color...haven't seen this use of color in a religious building before. Shot with 35/1.4, jpegs, and the Velvia film mode...the Velvia really brought out the shades of green.

Had a lot of line straightening to do.. was able to work most of them out thanks to Photoshop.

Last edited:

scho

Really have enjoyed the images of Carl, Rich, Graham, Trygve, Joe, and BigKidneys over the past few days...thanks to all for the viewing pleasure.

These pics are of an Islamic Center under construction in Boca Raton...this is the second one, by the way. I was attracted by the color...haven't seen this use of color in a religious building before. Shot with 35/1.4, jpegs, and the Velvia film mode...the Velvia really brought out the shades of green.

Had a lot of line straightening to do.. was able to work most of them out thanks to Photoshop.
Nice work Roy and great color.

Thanks Carl, this time I've used V50.
Actually I shooted the dandelion to see if, and in which contions, I could see artifacts or aliasing.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The moonbow was shot in manual mode using bulb exposure and a good old fashioned cable release. What's really funny was that the other folks around me were using the timer display on the back of the X-Pro1 so that they could accurately release their DSLR shutters. :D

For moonlight shots I followed the normal approach of using a starting point of 4 min @ f/4 & ISO 400 but it was exceptionally bright and so ended up at 1-1/2 minutes to get a reasonable exposure without blowing out the water. White balance was daylight although I tuned the grey point in PS to neutralize it a bit.

The other nice thing about the X-Pro1 is the manual focusing control - for this scene I was able to use the focus scale on the rear LCD to zone focus manually because the light levels were too low to use any form of AF or the viewfinder directly. Just simply dial in the focus and watch the focus indicator so that it was at 100ft -> infinity and you're done.

I processed this using the Fuji raw converter but it only outputs 8bit & Adobe RGB to generate a tiff for PS. I'd rather produce 16bit ProPhotoRGB raws and so maybe I need to look at RPP or Silkypix for that until we have ACR support. Processing was just grey point neutralization, a little shadow/highlight to bring up the shadows and basic tone curve.

The good news is that the jpg looks pretty darned close too! I'm very impressed with the X-Pro1. The corners get a little smeary with the 18mm but overall all of the lenses seem excellent too. I just wish that 14mm were available today.

FYI, here's the out of camera jpg - just resized and sharpened for web :thumbs: - hmm, I think I may revisit the image and tone down that sky in the raw version.

Last edited:

scho

A couple from an abbreviated walk today at the arboretum before the rains came. Both with XP1 and 35 1.4.

teeraash

Thanks Carl, PenSon, bigkidneys, Graham, scifitographer, Ario and all Fujians. I vote this forum has the most stunning pics! Of course it is you not your camera.:)