The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I love to watch these threads, but have never participated. I figure why not...

I got roped into taking some pictures at a car show yesterday around 2PM. Processed the images quickly, and to my surprise found I was really punching up the color. Normally I'm a B&W guy, but I like the way these turned out. Turns out with LR4 you can get mighty close to that weird HDR "these tones don't quite look right" point, but what the hell, I like 'em.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm sure that someone shot a better one than this but here's the partial eclipse for fun & giggles taken with the X-Pro1 & 60mm with 1.8 & 2.1 IRND filters and a Polarizer for good measure. :D

X-Pro1, 1/4000s @ f/8, ISO 200 + 15 stops of ND.

And here's the elegant configuration to shoot it. Gaffer tape to the rescue! :ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
That's a lot of ND.....what was the ultimate exposure?
1/4000s @ f/8 ISO 200 for this one. I was playing safe with the ND's as I didn't fancy burning a hole in my sensor :eek: Also, I manually focused this (obviously) but it was interesting to note that I had to front focus from infinity to get this sharp. Infinity shots were soft, although in daylight shooting that's never the case. Not sure why ... but pre-focusing at infinity minus a skosh (technical term!) on the dial worked best.

Note to Fuji - please hurry up with both the 14mm (or wider) option and some longer lenses. Also, what's with the holes in the back of the lens hood on the 60mm? I don't get that one at all.

After a rain storm I took this photo with the 18mm.
Looked at the power line and decided the image actually looks better with it.
I think it works because of the strong horizontal lines in the image.
Don't know if I have ever felt this way about a power line.
What do you think?
Processed with Silver Efex Pro, of course.

Rich M

After a rain storm I took this photo with the 18mm.
Looked at the power line and decided the image actually looks better with it.
I think it works because of the strong horizontal lines in the image.
Don't know if I have ever felt this way about a power line.
What do you think?
Joe......I'll go with the power line.....makes it real.

R

Rich M

Out on the North Shore around sunset with the CV12 wide open (well, 5.6 is wide open).

Developed in RPP/K64.

Yes......the water was THAT blue lol. I've taken shots like this before.....I'm a sucker for fishing reels. :D

R

Gbealnz

What a life, here we are shivering with the onset of winter, and Rich is out fishing. Great shots Rich.
Not sure what lens Joe would have you use, he wants a super wide. Here I was thinking the 12mm isn't exactly pedestrian when it comes to wide??
Gary

What a life, here we are shivering with the onset of winter, and Rich is out fishing. Great shots Rich.
Not sure what lens Joe would have you use, he wants a super wide. Here I was thinking the 12mm isn't exactly pedestrian when it comes to wide??
Gary
My bad. Shows how little I really know.

Braeside

Love the fishing rod shots with the wide angle Rich.

One of mine from the weekend, OOC JPEG processed to mono in Aperture/SE

Gbealnz

Not a dig at you Joe, don't get me wrong. I could be the bad here, isn't 12mm super wide? Even with the crop factored in?
Gary

Not a dig at you Joe, don't get me wrong. I could be the bad here, isn't 12mm super wide? Even with the crop factored in?
Gary
No problem. Glad you pointed this out. I am clueless about the CV12. And yes 12 is pretty damn wide. I should have just looked at the photo more carefully, but obviously I was fixated on just the fishing rod.

scho

Out on the North Shore around sunset with the CV12 wide open (well, 5.6 is wide open).

Developed in RPP/K64.
Yes......the water was THAT blue lol. I've taken shots like this before.....I'm a sucker for fishing reels. :D

R
Very nice Rich. I continue to be impressed with the CV 12 images. The CV 15 that I have is not very good on the XP1 with vignetting and corner/edge smearing. Do you fish? I used to do a lot of fly fishing, but with arthritis building up in my neck, a roll cast is about all that I can manage now. :(

benroy

Subscriber Member
After getting the cold shoulder with the last output, I'm back in the garden again with the 60/2.4 ...Velvia mode...lesson learned: early AM light with deep shadows is not for Velvia...shadows go black and void of any detail..even fill-in light doesn't make a dent. The output is pedestrian, but the color is smashing.

Last edited:

Braeside

After getting the cold shoulder with the last output, I'm back in the garden again with the 60/2.4 ...Velvia mode...lesson learned: early AM light with deep shadows is not for Velvia...shadows go black and void of any detail..even fill-in light doesn't make a dent. The output is pedestrian, but the color is smashing.
Agree colour is very striking, velvia does suit plants.