The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

A few from the last week or so with the X-Pro1

I've not posted much from the X-Pro1 lately and thought I would share some from the last couple of weeks. My 60mm should arrive via UPS this afternoon.. looking forward to working with that lens in the near future.

I continue to be amazed by the high ISO capability of the X-Pro1. It beats my 5D MKII in every respect.. not to mention weight and bulk.

The photos below were taken with the 18mm and 35mm

Diane B

Very nice ones Jim. This camera continues to intrigue me but I'm not going to consider until Fall when everything should be announced at Photokina.

I especially liked the one of the gauges. I would not have thought I would zero in on that if you had described them to me first but the level of detail even in the darker areas invites one in to look more. I also enjoyed the interior because I shot interiors working for manufacturers in the furniture industry for a number of years.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Diane

scho

Beautiful images Jim. I really liked the red wall/green wood trim shot and the image of the boiler valves and dials.

Rich M

Very nice Rich. I continue to be impressed with the CV 12 images. The CV 15 that I have is not very good on the XP1 with vignetting and corner/edge smearing. Do you fish? I used to do a lot of fly fishing, but with arthritis building up in my neck, a roll cast is about all that I can manage now. :(
Carl......the CV12 definitely has less vignetting, and better corners than the CV15. I like the colors better and the lower contrast lends itself to better conversions to B+W.

I don't fish as much as I used to.....it's mainly a time thing. I am looking forward to a trip to Utah in a few weeks. Some flyfishing is in the forecast. :) (I am such a bad flycaster that I would be very happy with a good rollcast).

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Those are really great shots, Jim. I particularly like the steam engine interior. What lens, f-stop and ISO was that shot at?

Terry

Aswin these are some of the best shots I've ever seen of Seattle. What awesome light plus the secret Fuji sauce that just seems to leave my mouth hang open.

ashwinrao1

Aswin these are some of the best shots I've ever seen of Seattle. What awesome light plus the secret Fuji sauce that just seems to leave my mouth hang open.
Thanks so much, Terry. For how much Seattle has been photographed, and for what how highly I regard you, this is a huge compliment. Thank you deeply. Fuji's special sauce (that marvelous sensor) was hard at work...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Ashwin, that's some special light there. I don't think that I've ever seen the top of the space needle look so brick red before when I've shot it myself.

I love image #1! It says it all about Kerry Park for me.

:thumbs:

Ashwin, great shots of the Seattle skyline.. the last time I was there was in 1962 for the Seattle World's Fair... been a long time.. hope to get back one day.

By the way, my 60mm arrived yesterday.. loving it so far, great micro-contrast.. not as slow as many posts have led me to believe.

pophoto

Hey guys, some beautiful shots from you all. I have to say what a great sensor, I'm still resisting, but it shows what a great performer the sensor and lenses will do in the right hands! :clap: