The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

ashwinrao1

Thanks, Jim, Graham, Joe, and Landshark.

Graham, the brick red color comes from a paint job that they did for the 50th anniversary. This was the original color back when Jim visited it during the world's fair!

I think the top will remain painted as such for the next few months, and then revert back to a more "traditional" color scheme, though I rather like the color, truth be told...

Braeside

Ashwin: Yes a Hoya R72 infrared filter.

Terry: Actually AF does work because it is contrast detect, so no problem with focus of IR being different to visible wavelength. The great thing is you can compose on the viewfinder (LCD) because the camera is sensitive enough to actually produce an image. I have stuck to ISO 400. Some of the time I used MF, and am generally about f4 or 5.6 so not too critical. I have taken some handheld shots at ISO 3200 but obviously a tripod and longer times gives lower noise. I'm new to this and having a great time, I expect the novelty will wear off, but while the sun is shining here I thought I would give it a go. Some hotspots at times with the 18mm especially, depends on aperture, but fairly easy to repair. Have not tried false colour stuff yet, I prefer monochrome IR personally. I have been converting to TIF from Raw then using the SilverEffects inPlugin in Aperture. They look pretty good on a large monitor, but not so great scaled down for the web.

The guy in the first photo kept really still for the 3 second exposure! - He was an interesting old bloke, who had a long chat with me about his profession as a botanist and although he could hardly walk even with a stick , was out there looking for tortoiseshell butterflies today. I ended up taking a photo of him and his wife and friend with their camera as they wanted to get one of the three of them for a friend abroad.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Thanks, Jim, Graham, Joe, and Landshark.

Graham, the brick red color comes from a paint job that they did for the 50th anniversary. This was the original color back when Jim visited it during the world's fair!

I think the top will remain painted as such for the next few months, and then revert back to a more "traditional" color scheme, though I rather like the color, truth be told...
:thumbs: I prefer the red top too TBH. I hope they keep it, plus it'll launch a whole new market for Seattle images with the new red top :D

scho

One image (2 shot stitch) from my first gorge walk of the season today. XP1 with 35 1.4 and tripod. I blew the highlights in a bunch of shots because I wasn't paying attention to exposure :banghead:. I managed to partially recover the highlights in the raws used for this image, but really need to expose carefully for highlights in dark gorges like this.

Louis..

That image just blows my mind. The clarity, the colours, the subtle detail. Amazing. I am assuming the 35/1.4?

LouisB
Louis, no.. this was taken with the 18mm.. a little to cramped in the cab of that old locomotive to use the 35m. Glad you enjoyed this one.

Fujinon 60mm has arrived..

Here is one taken this morning as the sun began to rise in Texas. The lens did not arrive until late yesterday so I had no opportunity to play until this morning. Just as well, I love sunrises.

Fuji X-Pro1 with 60mm f/8 1/1000 ISO 250

biglouis

Re: Louis..

Louis, no.. this was taken with the 18mm.. a little to cramped in the cab of that old locomotive to use the 35m. Glad you enjoyed this one.
The 18mm? That looks like some of the test shots I've seen with the Zeiss Distagon 28/2 on the D700. Very impressive price/performance.

Louis