The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scifitographer

A few shots (all at f/11) taken this afternoon at the local marina with the XP1 and CV 12mm. Thanks to Rich's nice work :clap: with the CV 12 on the XP1 I couldn't resist this lens. As Rich noted, the lens performs very well on the XP1 in terms of minimal distortion and lack of significant corner/edge problems. Now I just have to learn how to use and focus it properly.
thanks for sharing these, i've had the cv 12 for awhile, but didn't have the adaptor. that was supposed to arrive today, but i'm stuck at work until 11pm. guess there's always tomorrow.

johnnygoesdigital

Rich,
Thanks for the comments. Perhaps we (all the photographers here) should all do our own show!

Here's a sunset... 35mm f/1.4

Last edited:

m_driscoll

You took it back Matt???? No more X=Pro, or another X-Pro?
Gary
No, no. Your X-Pro 1 photos are so wonderful.
Smokingcamera: Thanks for the generous compliment. It means something coming from a photographer like you. :D

Gbealnz:
Yeah, I returned it, along with the three lenses. Nothing wrong with the camera. Actually, IQ's incredible, High ISO's incredible. All of the photo's that have been posted here are incredible. Ergonomics and technology's incredible, and very cool. It just didn't fit into the right spot for what I think I need; which, is what a Leica M9 won't do.

I, also, traded in a Sony A77 and a bunch of A-mount lenses. SLR (SLT) and lenses are too big and heavy. Been there, done that. Nikons before the Sony Alpha.

My Nex 7, I like a lot. Nice size and easy to handle. Good IQ and high ISO (not as good as X-Pro, though). AF's faster then X-Pro, but not fast enough. Not a very large selection of lenses, but, a few good ones, including some zooms and longer telephotos. I thought all three of the X-pro lenses were better then most of the E-mount lenses. The Nex 7 also works great with my Leica R lenses (The X-Pro would, too). And, it has 'focus peaking'. Why don't more cameras have 'focus peaking'?

So, why did I return the X-Pro 1. Size: almost M9 size and bigger then the Nex 7. Auto focus: a lot slower then the Nex 7 and less accurate (IMO). Available lenses - no compact telephotos, now (they'll eventually come). It needed to be smaller. Actually a very short list of 'negatives.

What I really want to compliment the M9 is the 'honey, I shrunk the Nikon D800' system! The Nex 7 isn't it, but, it's staying with me for now. My next venture is into the Olympus OM-D E-M5 system. For me, this is a return to MFT. I had some earlier Panasonics. The OMD might be the 'honey I shrunk...' system? IQ not at D800 levels, or X-Pro 1, Nex 7 (maybe?), or M9 levels, but it has a lot of the other DSLR system traits without the bulk and cost. No one camera's the perfect 'tool'. Probably why a lot of us have several different ones at the same time. That would be a rationale I'd use to cover up my pathological gear lust.

We'll see how this works out, and, I'll keep looking in here. Good photographs are always worth looking at! :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Smokingcamera: Thanks for the generous compliment. It means something coming from a photographer like you. :D

Gbealnz:
Yeah, I returned it, along with the three lenses. Nothing wrong with the camera. Actually, IQ's incredible, High ISO's incredible. All of the photo's that have been posted here are incredible. Ergonomics and technology's incredible, and very cool. It just didn't fit into the right spot for what I think I need; which, is what a Leica M9 won't do.

I, also, traded in a Sony A77 and a bunch of A-mount lenses. SLR (SLT) and lenses are too big and heavy. Been there, done that. Nikons before the Sony Alpha.

My Nex 7, I like a lot. Nice size and easy to handle. Good IQ and high ISO (not as good as X-Pro, though). AF's faster then X-Pro, but not fast enough. Not a very large selection of lenses, but, a few good ones, including some zooms and longer telephotos. I thought all three of the X-pro lenses were better then most of the E-mount lenses. The Nex 7 also works great with my Leica R lenses (The X-Pro would, too). And, it has 'focus peaking'. Why don't more cameras have 'focus peaking'?

So, why did I return the X-Pro 1. Size: almost M9 size and bigger then the Nex 7. Auto focus: a lot slower then the Nex 7 and less accurate (IMO). Available lenses - no compact telephotos, now (they'll eventually come). It needed to be smaller. Actually a very short list of 'negatives.

What I really want to compliment the M9 is the 'honey, I shrunk the Nikon D800' system! The Nex 7 isn't it, but, it's staying with me for now. My next venture is into the Olympus OM-D E-M5 system. For me, this is a return to MFT. I had some earlier Panasonics. The OMD might be the 'honey I shrunk...' system? IQ not at D800 levels, or X-Pro 1, Nex 7 (maybe?), or M9 levels, but it has a lot of the other DSLR system traits without the bulk and cost. No one camera's the perfect 'tool'. Probably why a lot of us have several different ones at the same time. That would be a rationale I'd use to cover up my pathological gear lust.

We'll see how this works out, and, I'll keep looking in here. Good photographs are always worth looking at! :thumbs:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll
Seems you have given this some serious thought. Never an easy decision. Will check out your work to see your wonderful photography. Cheers Matt.

Gbealnz

Matt,
agree with Joe, you've certainly tossed this around enough to know what is right or not. Either way, we'll be keeping an eye out for your images, they are great.
Gary

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Loving the new LR raw support. Here's a snap from the weekend.

The Oregon Serengeti
X-Pro1 60mm 1/10 f/8 ISO 200

Terry

Looking good Graham....I'm getting ready for Washington's "tuscany" in less than two weeks.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Looking good Graham....I'm getting ready for Washington's "tuscany" in less than two weeks.
:thumbs: Good news I hear is that Steptoe Butte will still be open which was a potential problem for this year. Enjoy the wheat fields.

johnnygoesdigital

Graham,

Love your compositions, I can wander around that image...nicely done.

I uploaded a bigger barn image for your consideration.

Tom,

Very meditative!

manouch shirzad

Workshop & Subscriber Member
The Oregon Serengeti
X-Pro1 60mm 1/10 f/8 ISO 200
[/QUOTE]

Graham,
Very nice picture, I don't know how the bigger size of this image will look like but at this size it has a look of MF. You are really doing nice jobs with x1 pro.
________
Manoucxh