The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

A few quick shots from my Palouse trip. Not a lot of time to process... more to come
Beautiful country and very nice shots Terry.
Here's a few more shots of SW Utah.

I love the geology here.......Waterpocket Fold, a place where one can see sandstone strata dating backing 270 million years. The cool thing is that due to the upthrust of the Colorado plateau, the older layers are on top.

I could have spent a few weeks here.

R
Very nice Rich. The combination of deep blue sky and red rock is just beautiful.

Sapphie

Good to see that you are enjoying our "Tuscany"! :D

These shots remind me of why I'm not missing any portable camera other than my Leica M9. The colour and tonality of the Fuji is just outstanding.
Terry

I am not sure why but I prefer the look of these to the similar ones taken with your OMD in the other forum. The Fuji shots just seem to have more 'depth' in terms of colour and tone.

Of course it could be my imagination ...

Great shots.

Lee

Sapphie

Here's a few more shots of SW Utah.

I love the geology here.......Waterpocket Fold, a place where one can see sandstone strata dating backing 270 million years. The cool thing is that due to the upthrust of the Colorado plateau, the older layers are on top.

All shot with the 18mm and developed in LR.

I could have spent a few weeks here.

R
Rich

Great shots but this can't be right because the 18mm is allegedly 'not a landscape lens' ... :shocked:

Lee

Rich M

Very nice Rich. The combination of deep blue sky and red rock is just beautiful.
Carl......no sky adjustments were made in PP. It was quite amazing.....with polarized sunglasses on it looked quite unreal.

Another amazing thing (this time about the XP1) is the total lack of noise in the sky. A friend who was traveling with us had the 5D3.......lots and lots of sky noise at ISO 800.

Rich
Great shots but this can't be right because the 18mm is allegedly 'not a landscape lens' ... :shocked:
Lee
Lee.......I find it amusing also. I compare the Fuji 18mm to the CV12 and do not find the 18mm wanting. Also, most of the last shots were taken in the evening as the sun went down in Capitol Gorge. We waited for the last sun of the day to obliquely illuminate the cliff walls. As it turned out, autofocus was a must. The detail in the cliff walls was very nuanced and I lost a lot of shots (and precious time) trying to focus on the fine detail with the CV12.

R

johnnygoesdigital

I must say that people are really starting to bond with the Fuji Xp1! Everyone whose sharing pics here, has evolved. These pics are getting good, really good. Some of the other threads have great photographers, but this one has great artists! Nice work everyone!

What is it about this camera that I can't stop wanting to shoot something?

ashwinrao1

Simply fantastic caps, folks...The XPro-1 really rocks. It's now my party, go everywhere, hand off camera with insane IQ. Sure, AF is a bit fidgety, and I'm not a huge fan of the delay that I experience upon clicking the shutter....but yet, there it is, that IQ, and the camera, as Johnny states above, forces one to see in creative ways....I am finding it satisfying, and my love for it grows...It is now a firm component of my 3 camera kit (XPro-1, M9, 645D)....no AA filters, all crispy goodness....

A few recent captures:

scho

Simply fantastic caps, folks...The XPro-1 really rocks. It's now my party, go everywhere, hand off camera with insane IQ. Sure, AF is a bit fidgety, and I'm not a huge fan of the delay that I experience upon clicking the shutter....but yet, there it is, that IQ, and the camera, as Johnny states above, forces one to see in creative ways....I am finding it satisfying, and my love for it grows...It is now a firm component of my 3 camera kit (XPro-1, M9, 645D)....no AA filters, all crispy goodness....
Great shots Ashwin. Love the image with the big dog and little toddler.

scho

A two shot stitch taken with the XP1+35mm f/1.4. Raws processed in RPP1559beta with L* curve+K64 film emulation, stitched in CS6, and tweaked in LR4.1 before exporting.

Children's Garden adobe shelter and roof garden