The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

The weather has been awful this weekend, but I did manage to get out and take some shots in the rain. Obviously captive birds, but lovely never the less.

European Eagle Owl

Southern Whitefaced Owl

Rich M

A two shot stitch taken with the XP1+35mm f/1.4. Raws processed in RPP1559beta with L* curve+K64 film emulation, stitched in CS6, and tweaked in LR4.1 before exporting.

Children's Garden adobe shelter and roof garden
Carl.......very nice picture. Thanks for sharing the processing info.....I still switch over to RPP for individual shots, especially the ones that contain foliage. LR4 seems okay for most.

R

scho

Carl.......very nice picture. Thanks for sharing the processing info.....I still switch over to RPP for individual shots, especially the ones that contain foliage. LR4 seems okay for most.

R
Thanks Rich. I'm doing the same. I import all of my raws into LR4.1 and then check landscapes with distant foliage that have detail I want preserved. If it looks bad in LR then I will process in RPP and bring back to LR as a tiff.

Gbealnz

Me too, I have the 18 and the 35, and wanted to only use the 35 simply due to the press for it, and corresponding press against the 18. Bollocks, it's a great lens, and in a recent trip overseas, the 18 got used possibly 2/3rd's of the time. Yep, no argument, the 35 is a cracker, but the 18 is no slouch either.
Gary

Braeside

Rich, yes the Hoya R72 and the great thing is you can TTL manual focus or AF with it. So no need to make any adjustments to scale focus as would otherwise be the case. There is a slight hot spot when stopped down but generally it isn't a problem in mono conversions. Easy to correct it in post if necessary in Nik software.

I have never tried IR with any other camera so cannot say how it compares, but I am very pleased with the results it is giving.

Braeside

Hi Carl, The workflow here: I have been converting the IR raw in Silkypix (to tiff). Then using Aperture and Nik Silver Efex plugin for the mono conversion.