The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

ustein

Contributing Editor
Me too. This was shot at f/2.2 and ISO 800. I like that I can just walk into the store, have a fast lens and don't need to worry about ISO 800.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Me too. This was shot at f/2.2 and ISO 800. I like that I can just walk into the store, have a fast lens and don't need to worry about ISO 800.
Ditto. I keep reading about how much the D800 is a game changer ( I have one too ) but personally I think that the Fuji X-Pro1 fits that mould better in my own experience. I like what I see from the OM-D too although I have no personal experience.

At the end of the day that's still a nice shot Uwe regardless of what you used.

ustein

Contributing Editor
>At the end of the day that's still a nice shot Uwe regardless of what you used.

But first you have to be able to get it. The X-Pro1 is clearly a step back into the future. Finally a camera with solid lenses that also feels like a camera. Ok, the Leica is even more solid but I never liked its electronic part.

That said here is a shot from the RX100 two weeks earlier:

Red Sky at Morning - Fuji X-Pro1 & 35mm

Took this a couple of days ago but only tonight have I had a chance to bring it into Lightroom. I arrived way before sunrise and waited for the sun to rise behind a single large tree on the plain. These are the kind of simple shots I love to take. Thought to be cliche by some but I never tire of sunrise, they're all different, all beautiful.

anthonysemone

Re: Red Sky at Morning - Fuji X-Pro1 & 35mm

Took this a couple of days ago but only tonight have I had a chance to bring it into Lightroom. I arrived way before sunrise and waited for the sun to rise behind a single large tree on the plain. These are the kind of simple shots I love to take. Thought to be cliche by some but I never tire of sunrise, they're all different, all beautiful.

Simplicity and beauty, Jim. Just stunning:thumbs:

Re: Red Sky at Morning - Fuji X-Pro1 & 35mm

Simplicity and beauty, Jim. Just stunning:thumbs:
As I was taking this shot a police car drove up the dirt road to my location and said that some of the city workers (who 10 minutes earlier had driven by me) in the maintenance building up the road had called in a "suspicious character" .. that would be me... out in the middle of the field.

Of course the cop showed up right as the sun was rising through the tree... I answered his questions while continuing to take the shots of the sunrise... I told him I had 5 minutes at the most to get the shots... he said "It's obvious you are only taking pictures".. wished me good luck and went back to report to the workers that I was just doing photography.

He explained to me that there had been a series of breakins in the maintenance building about 300 yards from my location. He was very nice and polite about it... but his timing was the worst.