The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

alba63

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

A walk in the woods this morning
Seen in full size, it is not very sharp, but it freaking looks like film! Very beautiful... Was it a JPEG or did you convert it through a RAW converter?

Cheers
Bernie...

Nitnaros

Tokyo from Skytree Tower;

all photos via raw files developed in C1 7.0.2;

(I shot on my Leica M9 too, developed images in C1 v7.0.2, and could not find any significant resolution difference.)

Fuji 35mm/1.4:

Leica 75mm/1.4 on M-adapter:

Nitnaros

Tokyo from less than 1 year old Skytree Tower, 634m high;

all photos via raw files developed in C1 7.0.2;

(I shot on my Leica M9 too, developed images in C1 v7.0.2, and could not find any significant resolution difference.)

Fuji 35mm/1.4:

abry

Seen in full size, it is not very sharp, but it freaking looks like film! Very beautiful... Was it a JPEG or did you convert it through a RAW converter?

Cheers
Bernie...
I bracketed 3 film simulations, so I hope these are the right details for the one I uploaded - I think they are. Shot in Jpeg, astia film setting, standard settings in camera I think except +1 on sharpness. Otherwise straight out of camera, no sharpness added. Kit lens at 18mm, at 125th s iso 400 f/6.4. Handheld (with OIS on I think). I agree it is very film-like (which of course is the great thing about this camera).
Thanks
Alan

Brian Mosley

Reeray, fantastic clarity and colour quality there. The tonality really gives the image depth.

Wonderful, can't wait to see the X100s.

Thanks for sharing

Brian

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

This is a cross-post from Fred's site; posting here because this is the only other active X-E1 thread:

Does anyone here shoot video with the X-E1? In my work, much of it done while travelling overseas, requires both still and video. I am 100% comfortable using the X-E1 for all my stills needs, but am having some problems with video (in particular, choosing focus settings that keep the subject in focus!).

What is not clear from the manual is what AF settings to use, and to what extent (if any) the selected focus point that work perfectly in single image mode is respected once in video mode. I have the sound side covered (I record second system sound and use the camera's recorded sound only for syncing), but need reliable focus and—preferably—focus that can follow the action. All suggestions gratefully received, and this can be made a separate thread too, if folk prefer.

Braeside

Kit,

Certainly with the X-Pro 1 (I don't have an XE-1) in video mode it uses CAF (In S or C) all the time. It seems to use central point focussing all the time too.

If you choose M where it uses MF all the time.

No way to adjust aperture during video mode.

Really it isn't a very good movie camera - but then that wasn't what I bought it for.

The OM-D is a lot better for video, but the Panasonic m43 are even better I hear. I'm sure UStein would be the man to ask about video.