The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Zlatko Batistich

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

Got my X100s in Singapore and the firmware is still version 1.00. I haven't experienced slow focusing. Even in low light and wide open it finds and locks focus lickety-split. Now that I've read the FujiX Forum discussion I'm going to hold on to this firmware version until Fujifilm addresses the issue.
You're in luck to have firmware 1.00. Based on the FujiX forum discussion, it seems like a very good idea to hold on to it.

monk

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s

Big Red, the Patriarch. Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, Queensland. Fujifilm X100S f/8 ISO 200 Astia preset.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Picked up a Nikon g to x adapter. I have my 85 1.8 with me on a trip to NY today but I did mount my Samyang 14, Sigma 35 1.4 and all look very promising. I need a shooting trip outside this trip and bring the whole Nikon kit to try out. But I am really liking this Fuji so far have the zoom and Nikon 85 with me but my fear is ill want the Fuji 14mm. The Samyang is big for this body

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

smaller but I actually like this EVF. Maybe the best one I have tried. Now if a Pro 2 comes out I may jump on it . I figured the E-1 being newer is the one to get now with maybe a new Pro 2 coming soon I hope why buy the 1 this late in the game plus I saved some money too.

Detlef_g

Hi,

working with the X pro 1 is a impressive experience for me. Normally I shoot in my Studio with digital medium format and a lot of Flash light.

I switch for this shooting only to one 300W hot light. Combined with the Fuji Xpro 1 i have now the chance to walk on a new path.:toocool:

Detlef

rayyan

Unforeseen circumstances have made it necessary for me to curtail, if not eliminate, my intake of caffeine. Oh! the pain to ignore a lifelong friend.

So, I have started to compile a list of my favorite aromas...

Lloyd

Beautiful image, and an ironic coincidence... I too now only enjoy the aromas. Oh, how I miss it, but, some things are just worth the price!

rayyan

Beautiful image, and an ironic coincidence... I too now only enjoy the aromas. Oh, how I miss it, but, something's are just worth the price!
Lloyd, there is nothing to stop us two to have a cup of light green tea and a very very limited quantity of dates, though.:D

Thanks and take care.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I actually ordered my XPro1 yesterday.

I had wanted the Leica M, but after reading several user opinions (I would not call these reviews) I really became sceptical about all the Liveview part and also some high ISO performance and issues. So I found €6200.- for a not mature Leica too expensive.

I finally had a hands on with the XE1 and the XPro1 (after long time ignoring these cameras because of the reported issues they had in the beginning). I was especially blown away with the OVF/EVF combo of the XPro1. So I ordered it with the 18-55 and the 35, I also want to get the 14 but might wait for the Zeiss 12 which should be available soon.

I also am aware that there will be a XPro2 coming later this year, but I liked the XPro1 SO MUCH that I do not care, will simply add an XPro2 as soon as it arrives. Well and all of this is still much cheaper than the Leica M alone :)

Really looking forward to this system and many thanks for all the great samples and reports here, which finally helped me decide that way!

Peter

ptomsu

Workshop Member

smaller but I actually like this EVF. Maybe the best one I have tried. Now if a Pro 2 comes out I may jump on it . I figured the E-1 being newer is the one to get now with maybe a new Pro 2 coming soon I hope why buy the 1 this late in the game plus I saved some money too.
I also liked the EVF of the XE1, but the combo OVF / EVF of the XPro1 just got me hooked.

Will get it next week. And Leica M cancelled!

Nathan W. Lediard

Hi,

working with the X pro 1 is a impressive experience for me. Normally I shoot in my Studio with digital medium format and a lot of Flash light.

I switch for this shooting only to one 300W hot light. Combined with the Fuji Xpro 1 i have now the chance to walk on a new path.:toocool:

Detlef

Yes! I use my H4D in the studio with profoto and with hotlights,(although I like to use the 1000w Arri T1 for this) but this little fuji is a real gem to use with hotlights, and so quiet too! here is one from a recent shoot, no retouch.. shot with the X-pro1 fitted via adapter with a canon FD 100mm f2 shot wide open...

depending on where you work maybe not safe for work... :) (lingerie)

so here is a link...
http://www.lediardfoto.com/DSCF1806-2.jpg