The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

These are wonderful, Rayyan. Which lenses do you use here?
Grateful for your encouragement Lloyd.

I brought the XF 35/1.4 and the XF 18-55mm. Those were the only two lenses I am using. However, I did purchase the XF 60mm macro. Just shot very few photos with it.

I just might pick up the X100-S!!:grin:

Warmest regards to you and yours.

The doctors told me to take a short trip to see if I can take a longer one later on! :D

Ayesha suggested the UAE. How could I refuse.

Rayyan: Very happy to find out, that you are doing well after all (you know what I mean)! And very thankworthy that you keep on posting such beautiful and great photography, without any question worth being quoted again and again (those are my favorites), also inspiring and motivating again and again.

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes for you and Ayesha for the remaining days of your journey

Hermann

rayyan

Rayyan: Very happy to find out, that you are doing well after all (you know what I mean)! And very thankworthy that you keep on posting such beautiful and great photography, without any question worth being quoted again and again (those are my favorites), also inspiring and motivating again and again.

Thanks a lot!

Best wishes for you and Ayesha for the remaining days of your journey

Hermann
Hermann, thank you so very much for your encouragement and support. :salute:

And to all my thanks too for the ' likes '.:salute:

rayyan

Some knew about chronometers and precision celestial calculators more than a thousand years ago...

They had to know the prayer times. They had to cross the deserts.
And they had to cross the seas.

rayyan

Friends, thanks for the ' likes '.

My wife was tired of me photographing. ' What more is there to shoot? '.

' the dustbin ? ', I said quietly and clicked.

or the note paper..

But shhh!, she would be furious if she saw these.

Our hotel, this time around, has an Egyptian theme. :grin:

benroy

Subscriber Member

Giving the 55-200 a workout...rusty metal headless hobbyhorse

Last edited:

rayyan

Take some of the most precious stones.

Bring in the most famous designers.

Give them the time to complete their designs.

rayyan

Permit me to narrate a commentary and post some photographs. You could say that I started this narration some time ago.

This is a photograph from a set posted on this forum from my Morocco image collection.

What has that got to do in this thread?. Good question!

Not far from those mountains, as seen above, lived a young man. He would leave his home town of Tangiers, Morocco, at a very early age.

He would travel from Morocco to China. He would travel by foot, mule, horseback, on elephants, camels and ships. His journey, history tells us, was the greatest till the steam engine was invented. Further than Columbus or Magellan, or Marco Polo.

When he would return home, his family would be dead, his friends would have long gone and Europe was in the throes of the biggest disaster mankind had witnessed till that time..The Black Plague was rampant.

This Arab Traveler from Morocco was Ibn Batutta.

I meet with him again in Dubai!! Small world indeed.

The Ibn Batutta Mall. One of its kind. Dedicated to the man. Sections devoted to the various countries he visited. Take a ride from India to China for less than one $. Hop on the train in the Mall!!

I shall take you through the various sections; and thus through the journey of Ibn Batutta. Along the way introduce you to a 1000 years of knowledge rediscovered.

rayyan

Lonely, harsh, desolate. Hardly anyone stops here. A boy lives there. Counts numbers. Looks up to the sky, counts the stars.

Looks at the ground, the sky, the sun and the moon. Numbers..he reduces everything in his life to numbers.

Later, much much later, he shall write one of the most famous of his books..Al-Jabr wa al-Muqabala.

He shall have taken mathematics from the physical to the abstract. He shall have placed numbers on both sides of zero. He shall define rules to use the abstract in mathematics.

He shall have given the world Algebra and Algorithms. This boy from modern day Uzbekistan; from the city of Khiva. More than a thousand years ago.

rayyan

The man of mathematics..of Algebra and Algorithms is dead. Some say he was the greatest and shall not be equalled.

The river Tiger and Euphrates. A marshy delta. The city of Basra. Forgotten till very recently. Basra, Iraq. Iraq. The cradle of civilization. Languages. Science.

The year 900 C.E...100 years after the death of the Al-Khwarizmi, a young man roams the streets of Basra. In time he shall rival the greatest of mathematicians, engineers and astronomers. He shall pen 200 scientific books.

Basra is desert, and water. lines of light angling down at various times. Through haze it is different, thru clouds and through the clear desert day and night.

The young man is fascinated by Light. What is light?, he asks.

Were the Greeks correct, he asks. Like the scientists of a thousand years later , he shall write that all scientific assumptions must be questioned until proven by testing.

Light, lenses, pin-holes, refraction, reflection..these consume his time. He questions the very nature of light? What it is made of.

Kamra..camera. Kamra is an Arabic word ( also Turkish )..means a dark room.

The young man begins to experiment with light in a Kamra!!

What is darkness, shadows, shapes, light?

Sometime ago, in this forum, I asked a question of an image I had taken and posted...Is it mathematics or is it Art?

The young man shall spend years understanding the role of mirrors, the changes in levels at dusk and dawn. He shall investigate the impact of curved mirrors on the play of light.

Come out of the dark, so that I can see you said the god priest to the slave..

Brilliant in mathematics, astronomy, philosophy; this young man details the equations that govern the behavior of light. He illustrates the principle of vision. He describes in minute details the functioning of the various parts of the human eye.

He describes the camera-obscura!! He proves that light travels in a straight line!!

He has had to leave his beloved Basra to follow his search for knowledge.

He travels to a land deep in mystery. From one cradle of civilization, he travels to another.

He travels to Egypt. To Cairo.

This young man, for those interested, is Ibn al-Haytham.
Science shall have taken a giant leap forward.