The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

bensonga

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

I've had my X-E1 for a couple months now, but have only recently gotten out to shoot with it. This image is one I am using for a color panoramic print exchange (8.5x25 inch paper).

I'm really impressed with this camera and the Fuji lenses. The images used to create this pano were taken with the 35mm f1.4 lens.

Gary

bensonga

Great colorful pano. Did you use the X-E1 pano or individual shots stitched manually?
Thanks Krist8. This pano was created from individual shots (hand held) stitched together in PS5. As an example of how little I've used the X-E1, I didn't even know there was a pano feature/function on the camera. Time for me to have a look at the manual I guess. :eek:

Gary

benroy

Subscriber Member
Lee: re: the 14mm...outstanding sharpness and brilliance...back in my salad days, I made a pretty good living with the Hasselblad Superwide C and the Leica 21 Super Angulon (architecturals and interiors). The Fuji 14mm nudges into that class, in my humble opinion...also it focuses down to less that 12".

Roy Benson

Lloyd

Very nice. BTW, that last subject is one I never tire of... you the answer to the question is YES! ;)

Rayyan: Once again, both very nice! And BTW, also like the PP very much - new camera, new processing routines? Anyway:thumbs:

rayyan

Very nice. BTW, that last subject is one I never tire of... you the answer to the question is YES! ;)
Rayyan: Once again, both very nice! And BTW, also like the PP very much - new camera, new processing routines? Anyway:thumbs:
Lloyd, Hermann..thank you both for your ongoing encouragement for my work.:salute:

Today is the 6th of the 12th month of the year 1434 Hijra. On the 10th, Muslims all over the world shall celebrate Eid Ul Adha.

My family and I extend all our best wishes to all people everywhere and all my friends, members , admins and mods at GetDpi for a prosperous, peaceful and healthy year and years to come.

Allah Bless us all.

rayyan

Lloyd, benroy, ceh, Hermann..thank you all for the ' likes '.

Time to end the trip. We choose a time of least traffic. We rented a 2013 Kia Sportage..and headed to Abu Dhabi on side. The following day we headed to the extreme east..Ras Al Khaima.

The shaky pictures are mine..she was driving. The somewhat decent ones are hers..I was driving!! Apologies for tilted horizon/verticals..

Burj Khalifa..

Now in no particular order...driving towards Abu Dhabi and Sharjah is a joy..6 lane highway all the way...

Turn right..right..your right and mine are the same!!

Miss a turn and that's what happens!!

Thanks for being with us.

benroy

Subscriber Member
More on the 14mm Fuji lens...this is a rectilinear lens...as long as you keep the camera level, lines will be straight...I have not seen any barrel or pincushion distortion...but keystoning is the result of not keeping the camera level. I stopped at the railroad station on my way to the grocery store and grabbed a few pics hand-held...with the resultant keystoning. Here's the joy of using this lens...the lens is very sharp and sharpness is not lessened by cropping...so I used the camera distortion tool in Photoshop Elements and squared the lines...resulting in some heavy cropping...but...as long as you leave space around your subject, one would never know.

I included a b&W version of the locomotive...seems to add some dimension to the image...also the yellow post in the final image was taken less than 12" from the post.

Last edited: