The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Fun with the Fuji X-E2

I bought the X-E2 and took it out to my favorite auto graveyard to play with it this afternoon. All shots are JPG as Lightroom does not recognize the RAF files from the X-E2 as being legit.

During the few hours I was out this afternoon the camera performed perfectly. No lockups, glitches of any kind. Battery life was good as well and the EVF is soo much better than the one in my X-Pro 1.

Speaking of which, it is boxed up and ready for Craig's List.

You can see about 29 shots here: Untitled Document

Here are few you can view in the forum.

Rich M

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2

Damn Jim…..you took photos of some of my favorite stuff……old cars and rust.

Awesome…….thnx.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Looks great. I'm (im)patiently waiting for my X-E2 body to be delivered.

How do you like the new layout and AF?

benroy

Subscriber Member

Jim: marvelous images...great eye...it ain't the new camera, it's the eye and mind of a first rate photographer...pictures in the "untitled document" are even better than those presented in the forum...broken glass image is fantastic!

Roy Benson

Jim: marvelous images...great eye...it ain't the new camera, it's the eye and mind of a first rate photographer...pictures in the "untitled document" are even better than those presented in the forum...broken glass image is fantastic!

Roy Benson
Thanks, Roy. I have noticed that most photos uploaded to forums "suffer" from forum "adjustments"..

Thanks for the information. How about AF speed and accuracy XE-2 vs. K5IIs?
The X-E2 is a tad slower in the AF department but that was to be expected. However, AF appears to always be accurate in my use so far. When using the 18-55mm AF is really fast. Slower on the 60mm. 35mm seem just a bit slower than the 18-55mm.

The slowest lens is the 60mm but then look at what has to be moved to achieve focus. I'm not being an apologist for this.. it should be faster but for what and how I shoot, it's just not an issue.

If I know I may be dealing with moving targets, I will use the Pentax K5 IIs.

johnnygoesdigital

Here's a two more using the 35mm. I've debated the DP Merrill vs the Fuji Xpro, but I really like the lens assortment of the Fuji and the beauty of metal.

Last edited:
Day 2 with the X-E2

I've added a few more photos taken in Dallas this afternoon. I was amazed by the X-Pro 1 when I bought it and did not think that the X-E2 would generate as much enthusiasm as that camera did but I was wrong.. this little guy rocks.

Here's the link to the Day 2 photos:

And a couple for you to view here..

retow

Great shots showing what the X-E2 can do in capable hands. Which raw converter are you using.

Great shots showing what the X-E2 can do in capable hands. Which raw converter are you using.
These are all JPGs.. Lightroom does not recognize the RAF files from the X-E2. Until it does I shoot RAW+JPG, use the JPG for now and save the RAF files for later review.

Rich M

The X-E2 is a tad slower in the AF department but that was to be expected. However, AF appears to always be accurate in my use so far. When using the 18-55mm AF is really fast. Slower on the 60mm. 35mm seem just a bit slower than the 18-55mm.

The slowest lens is the 60mm but then look at what has to be moved to achieve focus. I'm not being an apologist for this.. it should be faster but for what and how I shoot, it's just not an issue.
Jim….have you updated the lenses firmware? Apparently it makes a big difference with the X-E2.

Phase detection AF vs Contrast AF… or why you should upgrade your lens firmware (for X-E2 owners) | Fuji Rumors

momo

thanks for posting these Jim, they all look great...did you do much to the jpegs in LR?

I'd also like your take on all the hoopla about problems, smearing, etc. when using raw files with certain raw developers, if you don't mind. I've just read so many conflicting 'opinions'.

I played with an x-m1 a couple weeks ago, images in the photo store on my own card, and the images look pretty fine. I developed with LR, Photo Ninja, and Iridient. They all looked slightly different, but all looked good. Used the kit lens and the 18mm.

Personally more interested in the xm1 for the tilt lcd, but wish it also had an evf or ovf.

Jim, I just love the detail and color you show here. I've also seen some of your pentax night shots lately. Excellent.

Thanks.