The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Dale Allyn

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E2

I don't print huge photos so the only thing I miss is the bokeh and super shallow DOF and then only occasionally.
Jim

Add a metabones speed booster and you can do exactly what you're looking for with existing 35mm glass. Extra stop of speed, full lens coverage and the DoF you mentioned.

Not free but $400 gives you a lot of new options with FF lenses.
Yeah, I've been reading about it and have not quite convinced myself that it is something I need at that price.. will wait to see more work done with it and the Fjui before making a final decision.. It does sound interesting.

I, too, miss the creamy bokeh of some lens+larger sensor combinations. I've had some fun with the X-E2 + Canon 135mm f/2.0, and I'd very much like to see Fuji offer an XF 90mm f/2.0 prime. Even f/2.2 would be acceptable. The Canon 135mm is a bit long on the APS-C sensor (~203mm equiv), and of course, larger/heavier than needed, but the compression and shallow DoF are a lot of fun.

The XF 35mm f/1.4 is quite nice, but still not the same (of course). Also, the Canon 50mm f/1.4 on the X-E2 doesn't really do much that can't be done with Fuji glass.

Last edited:

Skydawg

Jim,
May I ask what exposure mode you are using? For your brother in law, spot, multi, average? I like the moody appearance.

John

Jim,
May I ask what exposure mode you are using? For your brother in law, spot, multi, average? I like the moody appearance.

John
John, this was totally manual using the the WYSIWYG mode in the EVF. I put the aperture in manual and adjusted the aperture until what I saw was what I liked. That was it. The camera had nothing to do with the exposure other than showing me what it was going to look like. This is one of the great things about the X-E2.. you can see exactly what you are going to get in the EVF or LCD.

Pelao

John, this was totally manual using the the WYSIWYG mode in the EVF. I put the aperture in manual and adjusted the aperture until what I saw was what I liked. That was it. The camera had nothing to do with the exposure other than showing me what it was going to look like. This is one of the great things about the X-E2.. you can see exactly what you are going to get in the EVF or LCD.
I'm glad the latest firmware has put this on the X-Pro 1 too. It helps me with scenes where there is a wide dynamic range.

Rich M

Out of all my current cameras, the X-E2 has become my go-to, don't screw around, reliable shooter. It locks on focus solidly and the Fujinon lenses are in a class by themselves. It has become a complete system.

Ranch shots with the XF 23mm:

I'm just hoping I get to shoot more this year.

R

benroy

Subscriber Member

I hope you get to shoot more, too, Rich...images are great! Have a Happy New Year!

Roy Benson

Blazer

I really like that silhouette of the cowboy. I'm new to Fuji... just got an X-E2 and some lenses... looking forward to its use.

rayyan

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

I hear the XE-2 will make us all better photogs. Could very well be.

I have to be content with the XE-1 and feeding grandkids..

krist8

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1

Great shots. I'll keep my X-E1 as well. I read somewhere (in DP review forum, possibly) that X-E2 does not perform as well in higher ISO.