The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
@ Alan, Pramote, Graham: It's done ;)

PS: Generally speaking we prefer this form of thread organization too, as it makes it easier for folks to compare and learn about older and newer models side-by-side. So as you see any new "fun with" threads arise, ask yourself if it could be better served merged with an existing, and then drop us a PM or report the post as Graham did.

Thanks guys,
Beat me to it.
-bob

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

PS: Generally speaking we prefer this form of thread organization too, as it makes it easier for folks to compare and learn about older and newer models side-by-side. So as you see any new "fun with" threads arise, ask yourself if it could be better served merged with an existing, and then drop us a PM or report the post as Graham did.

Thanks guys,
How about doing the same for m4/3 also?

bensonga

That's what I've seen as well, Gary. $799 is quite a bargain, if that comes to pass.
It would indeed be a bargain...which is why when my local dealer offered their last X-Pro1 to me for $779 ($979 less the rebate), I couldn't pass it up. The manager of the shop is a good friend of mine. I just had breakfast with him this morning and bought his LN- 14mm lens.

Before Fuji announced the $200 instant rebate on the X-Pro1, the camera was selling at B&H, Adorama and my local shop for $1,079. That's when my friend offered to knock another $100 off for me (to $979), because the camera had been unsold for 6+ months and he just wanted to move it. A couple days later, the $200 Fuji instant rebate was announced.

Now the price at B&H, Amazon has gone up to $1199, with the $200 rebate bringing it to $999.

Funny how the pricing works (not!).

Gary

Dale Allyn

Gary, congrats on the good buy on the Pro1.

The 14 may be my next Fuji lens. I think I'll want it for our hikes in the Sierras (among other things), although the new wide zoom might be fun for such use as well. I like primes, but I've had a couple wide zooms (16-35 L and the crop 10-24mm back in the day) and found them very convenient. 21mm (equiv) is a very good FL for me, so the 14 is on my short list. I just don't have time to use it right now, so dragging my feet. The rebate will probably prompt me to order it though. Come spring I'll have more time to get out and play. :)

scho

A few X100S shots taken today while walking through an empty farmers market during a light snow storm.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Some lovely images here.

I can't recall if I posted this here; I think not (maybe over at Fred's), but this was a snap made with the Rokkor 50/1.4 on the X-E1.

Aperture was ƒ4, but I love the characteristics of the OOF areas in front as well as behind the plane of focus. Distance about 1m, which is close to the minimum.

SOOC, cropped ~80%, AWB, focus point her left eye.

A question, if I may: to the owners of both the X-Pro 1 and an X-E1 both with the FW update, is there any real difference in AF speed? The X-Pro 1s are so inexpensive now... And what would you say the pluses of the X-Pro1 are over the X-E1 (which I am loving as a camera, BTW)?

Gbealnz

Kit,
I don't have the X-E1, but am on my second time round with the X-Pro1. I like the OVF to be honest, I'm aware of it's short-comings, but I use it "most" of the time. If I really need accurate framing, the switch is a finger away, and I do this occasionally.
If they are the same sensor, then the ergonomics are about the only difference I can see, the AF speed (or not) doesn't bother me.
Gary

scho

X100S shot from yesterday's market series. This huge tree (poplar?) with the tree bomb scarf has some branches that look like jointed arms.

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Thank you very much Jack & Bob!
Just want to express my feeling, to me, GetDPI is the best photography website..period.
Pramote

Thanks guys,

bensonga

I've had my X-Pro1 for about a week now and I'm beginning to wonder if it has an unusual affinity for red subjects.

Not Ferrari reds (I wish), but old and faded reds. ;)

Gary

X-Pro1 with the 35mm f1.4 lens

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Visiting my office in Daly City this week so I stopped by Pacifica tonight to catch the end of day over the Pacific Ocean.

Fuji X-E1, 35/1.4 8s f/16 ... oh, and X-E1 is IR 590nm converted. :thumbs:

fordfanjpn

Just got my new toy. Haven't had time to play with it yet, and we're expecting another snow storm here in Tokyo tonight, so I don't know when I'll be able to get out and do some shooting. In the meantime, I'll study the manual! :D

Bill

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just got my new toy. Haven't had time to play with it yet, and we're expecting another snow storm here in Tokyo tonight, so I don't know when I'll be able to get out and do some shooting. In the meantime, I'll study the manual! :D

Bill
Jealous and impatiently waiting .... :thumbs: