The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Visiting my office in Daly City this week so I stopped by Pacifica tonight to catch the end of day over the Pacific Ocean.

Fuji X-E1, 35/1.4 8s f/16 ... oh, and X-E1 is IR 590nm converted. :thumbs:

Graham...The B&W conversion looks great. Would you mind telling me a little about the "IR 590nm"? Why did you choose this IR range? Is it good for both colors and B&W?

Thanks,
Pramote

scho

A few X100S street shots taken in the snow and slush at the annual winter chili festival. I missed focus on about half the shots. I guess the falling snow could have confused the AF or is poor AF a known problem with the X100S?

Another outing today to visit antique and decor stores with the wife.. these trips are always fun because I never know what I will find to shoot.. here's three from today.

All taken with the Fuji X-E2 using the 35mm and 18-55mm. I'm a sucker for warm light and texture.

Last edited:

Grayhand

A place I have passed in all kind of seasons and weather during many years.
It´s a bit hard to stop the car here so it´s always been like "Next time"..
Finally "Next time" arrived and I realized that my car was not as big as I thought :eek:
So this is a spot I going to follow in many different season in the future!

Ray

X-E1 and 55-200mm

scho

Couple of X100S snaps at a small show of some of my gallery wrapped canvas prints in the Cornell Plantations visitor center. Nice hanging system on a curved field stone interior wall near the lobby entrance.

Ambient lighting came from an etched glass wall adjacent to the hanging space.

scho

A cold, but beautiful winter day. Walked around the park with the X100S.

A grand old button ball tree. Four shot stitch.

Cayuga Lake. The lake does not freeze over completely because of great depth and heat storage. Southern ice sheet margin is visible near horizon.

Old park boathouse (former Wharton studios during silent film era)

Steam on horizon from a coal fired power plant on the east shore of Cayuga Lake

Snow drifts

JonMo

Was finally able to take some images just for me.
This little x-e2 is a remarkable camera!

e2 @ iso 200 1/250 f4.8 w/ 55-200 @ 200 (please release the longer lens soon. :)

View attachment 79968

iso 1000 1/500 f4.7 w/55-200 @ 172

View attachment 79969

iso 200 1/500 f4.8 w/55-200 @ 200

View attachment 79970

iso 320 1/250 f9 w/55-200 @ 200

View attachment 79971

tough getting close to the birds.
Desperately need something to emulate my big Canon Lenses.
But all in all a fantastic Cam.

Look forward to my T1 arriving.

JonMo

Foggy shot from a couple of weeks ago.

Colour or B&W?

Both print great on exhibition fibre at 16" tall.

View attachment 80013

View attachment 80014

e2 iso200 1/125th f20 18-55 @ 55mm

Let my web page die a couple years ago, what are you guys using to host your images nowadays? Would love to have images post larger on the page.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
You can save your images in the getdpi gallery and go to 1200 wide no problem.

Colour or B&W - normally it's obvious but in this case I'm not so sure!

raist3d

No offense to anyone, but this thread of organization makes it incredibly difficult to look for shots of a specific camera model within the brand.

Those who wanted to compare shots side by side could just open two browser windows?

Just my 2 cents.

- Ricardo

bensonga

That's true Ricardo....but imagine how much more difficult it is on the "Fun with Canon", "Fun with Nikon", "Fun with Medium Format" etc where both film and digital images from all models (and even multiple brands) are often mixed in together.

This thread is more about simply sharing images taken with the Fuji X-series cameras, which is consistent with those other "Fun with..." threads. Frankly, I don't think there is much difference between the images created by the X-Pro1, X-E1, X-E2 and X-T1. The differences between these cameras are more operational, than image quality etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Gary