The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Braeside

A very nice astro shot David, always good to see these. I am using my X-Pro for this occasionally. A "programmable intervalometer" would be a god-send, might have to fabricate one.
Gary
Thanks Gary, yes maybe something could be fabricated for that, however I am seriously thinking about adding the XT1 later this year which will will be easier to interface electronically.

I don't get much chance to do astrophotography here due to the weather and light pollution, but it has always had an attraction to me, and I did build a 8 3/4" reflecting telescope and also have a small Meade ETX which gets occasional use, but neither really suitable for astrophotography with a camera.

My Astronomy pages

Cheers

Gbealnz

Thanks Gary, yes maybe something could be fabricated for that, however I am seriously thinking about adding the XT1 later this year which will will be easier to interface electronically.

I don't get much chance to do astrophotography here due to the weather and light pollution, but it has always had an attraction to me, and I did build a 8 3/4" reflecting telescope and also have a small Meade ETX which gets occasional use, but neither really suitable for astrophotography with a camera.

My Astronomy pages

Cheers

If you have any ideas then on how, please toss them out there.
Coincidently, I have just come in from a few hours of trying the X-Pro on a small scope, as well as a couple of quick shots with the 35mm and the 14mm. It will be interesting to see how they process.
Gary

scho

We are now going through freeze/thaw cycles which makes walking difficult on crusty snow and ice. A couple from today (freeze day) with the X100S in sixmile creek gorge.

jonoslack

Here are a few 'still life' shots with the X-T1 and the 18-55 zoom

Emma's Fergie

Fork and Ladle

Sunday Morning

Garlic Balls

jonoslack

Here are some fenland landscapes (Astia Mode)

Reflection

Polish Peek a Boo

Lone Pine

Again with the X-T1 and the 16-55

jonoslack

Hi Again

Here are some close ups and odds and ends from outside

Emma's Bike

Heiroglyph

Brackened

Again X-T1 with the 18-55

jonoslack

Finally - I'm really enjoying the black and white conversion
This is with the X-T1, the 18-55, converted with Silver efex Pro II

Biscuit Time?

Last edited:

Mike Woods

Finally - I'm really enjoying the black and white conversion
This is with the X-T1, the 16-55, converted with Silver efex Pro II

Biscuit Time?
Very nice! Do you mean 18-55? Is this converted from jpg or raw? Urggh, so many questions at the moment...;)

Mike