The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Fuji X-T1 - First shots in New Orleans

I got my X-T1 one day before I left for New Orleans and Mardi Gras.. not much time to get to know the little guy but the camera is quite intuitive. Love the dials on the top deck. Tilt LCD came in handy many times.

Weather was cold and wet and both the X-T1 and I got soaked on a couple of occasions. Not a single problem from the camera due to rain or cold. No lock-ups or issues of any kind during the five days I was in New Orleans.

I used the 18-55mm 99% of the time. All but one photo below were taken with the 18-55mm I think one was taken with the 35mm.

These are all JPGs. I will not work with RAW until LightRoom can handle the RAF files from the X-T1. These had very little post work done to them.

So here are my first shots with the X-T1. Delightful camera. It's a keeper.

Sunset in Audubon Park - New Orleans

A slow, cold and rainy day on Bourbon Street

On the causeway crossing Lake Pontchartrain

One of many tombs I photographed in the old graveyards in New Orleans

Grounded boat of some kind on the northern shore of Lake Ponchartrain. It's been there for years.

Colorful power meters near Commander's Palace

The State Bird of Louisiana near Jean Lafitte, LA

One of the large oak tress in Audubon Park.. planted in the 1700s

Taken while wandering around the French Quarter at night.

mesposito

Fuji X100s - I was pleasantly surprised with this two-shot stitch. As long as the print-size isn't too large, one can surely do Landscapes with the X100s.

Here's a link to the Phase One version in my portfolio. It's a different shot, (same night) with a my final interpretation and color palette.

342 - Portland Lighthouse