The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Ashwin,

The year 1976...

The place...Oxford UK

I was number 4 in an 8 man shell...for my small college in the Uni....picked because I was one of the few who could do 10 pull-ups on command. Never rowed before...months of running and rowing for the big bump races...

Left a few weeks before the races to start medical school in the states...my replacement filled the shell and did his part....

So today the closest I get to it all is a Concept 2 rowing machine....

Precious memories that you have well evoked with your pictures.

Regards,

Bob

ashwinrao1

Rayyan, great shot! Love the colors.

Mike, Lovely and sharp capture with the Summilux!

Carlos, lovely series. You live in a beautiful part of the country. I will have to come and see :)

Bob, I am thrilled to have evoked the poignant memories of a youth and crew! I have covered our UW crew team as their team physician for the past 6 years. Just started reading "The Boys in the Boat"...makes for a great read...

Lloyd

Just downloaded the new version of Capture One this morning. Mercifully, they now include the XT-1. Here are a few images processed (quick and dirty) today. Shot with the lenses as indicated.

XT-1 and the 18-55 @ f8:

XT-1 with a Nikon 85/1.4G @ 1.4. Seeing some fringing here:

Same combo, same settings; CA not as bad here:

Same combo, same settings; b/w in C1:

XT-1 and 55-200 wide open:

X-T1 Trumpet & Drum for Sale

X-T1 18-55mm ISO 2000 f/8 1/30sec Just experimenting with settings. There was a time when I played a trumpet like that... long time ago.

rayyan

Just downloaded the new version of Capture One this morning. Mercifully, they now include the XT-1. Here are a few images processed (quick and dirty) today. Shot with the lenses as indicated.

Lloyd, the b&w conversions are very nice. I am tempted to try the 85 on my XE-1, but need to get an adaptor first.

Best.

Lloyd

Lloyd, the b&w conversions are very nice. I am tempted to try the 85 on my XE-1, but need to get an adaptor first.

Best.
I hope you enjoy it if you do, Rayyan. I've certainly enjoyed mine... more with the XPro-1, but it sure seems to work well with the XT-1 as well.

Best to you and yours, my friend. :thumbup:

Burlap & Rope

Here's a little more fun with using the X-T1 for the kind of moody, low light stuff I enjoy doing.. I used the 18-55 ISO 1250 1/30 sec at f/3.2
I really love that camera.

krist8

I went to see the Chihuly Exhibition in the Phoenix Desert Botanical Garden. When I walked in, the first thing that greets visitors are these 3 beautiful desert plants which look so colorful and lively. Then I realize it is Chihuly's creation.

DSCF6078 by Krist8, on Flickr

There were a lot of visitors. I have to book a viewing time to get in. Here are some of his work.

DSCF6081 by Krist8, on Flickr

DSCF6088 by Krist8, on Flickr

DSCF6089 by Krist8, on Flickr

DSCF6091 by Krist8, on Flickr

This is not his work, but interesting sun dial made of cactus

DSCF6100 by Krist8, on Flickr

DSCF6102 by Krist8, on Flickr

DSCF6117 by Krist8, on Flickr

DSCF6122 by Krist8, on Flickr