The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Nathan W. Lediard

A couple of my fujis that hardly get used anymore... shame coz they are great little cameras to have in the pocket... Shot with X-T1 and 35mm f1.4 wide open

Ashwin, you made it to one of my favorite cities in the United States. I hope you saw more than the tourist stuff on Bourbon in the French Quarter... there is so much more to New Orleans than the Bourbon Street area... unfortunately, that is what most people think of when they think of New Orleans. I was that way until I spent my first full week there exploring the city and surrounding areas. What I discovered was jaw-dropping and I fell in love with the place.

ashwinrao1

Hi Jim,
This time, my time was so crowded by my medical conference duties that I only made it out shortly...but but but, like you, the city inspired me to want to explore more...I will need to pick your brain for the next time around, as I did get around a bit more of the French Quarter an wanted to wander for hours...not to mention the cemeteries, sleepy neighborhoods, bayou, etc...

Hi Jim,
This time, my time was so crowded by my medical conference duties that I only made it out shortly...but but but, like you, the city inspired me to want to explore more...I will need to pick your brain for the next time around, as I did get around a bit more of the French Quarter an wanted to wander for hours...not to mention the cemeteries, sleepy neighborhoods, bayou, etc...
New Orleans is a target rich city for photographers. I've made five or six trips for a week at a time and every time I find something new to photograph... and there is always different light, different weather, different time of year, etc.. and always good food, good people and great music.

J

JohnW

Just got an X Pro1 and 35mm over the weekend, my first Fuji. A few from the morning walk, trying to figure things out.

I'm very surprised at how much the 35 AF hunts, even in bright light. I shoot mostly street/candids, so this could be a challenge. I love the OVF, and the 35 framelines are just right. Also like the B&W output very much.

Is the 35 typical of X AF speeds? Or are the newer X lenses faster? I was really hoping for a 50mm companion for my GR.

John

Lloyd

Finally got a chance to run a few images from the X-T1 through Lightroom 5.4. I'm liking the results so far.

Had some family over yesterday, so they were my test subjects.

My tired but happy wife, just after they all left. CV 75/2.5 Heliar @ 2.5:

One reason she was so happy, and so tired. 56/1.2 @ 1.2:

Last edited:

Lloyd

Daddy and daughter 35/1.4:

She wore him out too. CV 75/2.5 Heliar @ 2.5:

Mom, on the other hand, seemed to weather it well. 56/1.2 @ 1.2:

Nathan W. Lediard

The local farmers association is celebrating 100 years this year so i am rushing around documenting as many as I can... Plan is to have a exhibition at the time of the jubilee :)
Even though I have my hassy I feel that the Fujis are better suited to the darka dndusty environments I am going to be in... This was lit with one lupoled panel and available light.

This is the first man of the project...

X-T1 56 f1.2 iso 1000