The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
To paraphrase Richard III: "A cloud, a cloud, my kingdom for a cloud!!"

After hiking down to shoot this and climbing back up I'm not sure that I'd do it again even if the clouds were there! (If you've ever been here you'll understand what I mean).

False Kiva - Canyonlands NP
X-T1, 10-24 1/60 f/11

fordfanjpn

Just got an X Pro1 and 35mm over the weekend, my first Fuji. A few from the morning walk, trying to figure things out.

I'm very surprised at how much the 35 AF hunts, even in bright light. I shoot mostly street/candids, so this could be a challenge. I love the OVF, and the 35 framelines are just right. Also like the B&W output very much.

Is the 35 typical of X AF speeds? Or are the newer X lenses faster? I was really hoping for a 50mm companion for my GR.

John
Did you check to see if the lens firmware is up to date? I don't have mine with me right now but I don't recall it hunting all that much. I'm sure someone here will comment though. In any case, welcome to the Fuji family! ;-)

Bill

To paraphrase Richard III: "A cloud, a cloud, my kingdom for a cloud!!"

After hiking down to shoot this and climbing back up I'm not sure that I'd do it again even if the clouds were there! (If you've ever been here you'll understand what I mean).

False Kiva - Canyonlands NP
X-T1, 10-24 1/60 f/11

Headed to The Bisti Wilderness and Monument Valley this week.

I am hopeing for clear skies at night for some wide field astrophotography with some unusual formations in the foreground and some clouds for daytime and sunrise/sunset work. First time there and The Bisti will be a challenge as there are no real trails or no good (marked photo areas) maps available.

It seems most photographers keep those locations pretty close to the photo-vest. :)

I will be taking the X-T1 along with the Pentax K5 IIs and an assortment of lenses for both... should be fun... not too hot and not too cold.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jim

I was there last week. The challenge I think is 1) finding the correct turn off, 2) walking off into the wilderness to find the interesting hoodoos which definitely are nowhere near the parking location.

Laurent Martres gives some info in his Photographing the Southwest vol 3

Last edited:
J

JohnW

Did you check to see if the lens firmware is up to date? I don't have mine with me right now but I don't recall it hunting all that much. I'm sure someone here will comment though. In any case, welcome to the Fuji family! ;-)

Bill
Thanks, Bill. Yes, the current kens and body firmware.

John

ashwinrao1

Graham, so glad that it's still there...incredible after all of these years...that it looks the same...here is my shot from 2007....shot with the original 5D

retow

Nice shots and interesting to see how sensor technology (and lens quality) make a difference from the 5D to the X-T1.

Nathan W. Lediard

Nice shots and interesting to see how sensor technology (and lens quality) make a difference from the 5D to the X-T1.
I would say its impossible to deduce anything from web sized pics about sensor tech and lens quality... :)

That said, one thing that can be fun if you have raw files from older cams is to pull them up and redevelop them with todays software... you might just be surprised. :)