The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Nathan W. Lediard

Busy day today, Shot at two saw mills, one supply base for offshore, a confirmation group shot in a church and a portrait job at the end of the day (evening) 13 hour day :) And this is a "fun" thread I know, but even after such a long day the fujis are still fun to shoot :)

X-Pro1 10-24 @f8

Oil boring tubes (don ask me the tech name :) ) each one ways 500 kilos :O

Nathan W. Lediard

this is fjord country, the 1.5 hour road trp was dropped in favour of a mad dash in a boat powered by a 250 horsepower outboard.., 45 knots the journey took 35 minutes...

X-Pro1 10-24 @ f13 10mm

Trying to emulate Ansel with the X-T1

The photography gods were not smiling upon me while I was at Monument Valley. It was a bit overcast and sometimes downright cloudy. I decided to try my hand at a bit of "What Ansel Saw". Monument Valley begs for color but I have always been a fan of B&W so today I finally had a bit of time to work on one of the shots I took there. I'm certainly no Ansel Adams but I wanted to try and emulate some of his work.... so here is my first feeble attempt.

This was shot with the Fuji X-T1 and the 18-55mm kit lens. Post in Lightroom and final tweaks in Photoshop CS6.. This was shot JPG.

Nathan W. Lediard

My fujis have now replaced my Canons as system number two on commercial shoots, On this shoot I shot more on the fujis than I did the hasselblad! here is a shot...

X-Pro1 10-24 @ 10mm f11 converted in silkypix5