The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Nathan W. Lediard

Pushing the IS on the 18-55 to the limit... taken from a speedboat travelling at 45 knots...
X-T1 18-55 55mm iso 500 1/1250 f7.1 silkypix5

Last edited:

etrigan63

X-T1 in the studio:
X-T1 + 55-200mm lens
1/180s @f/16
Nikon SB-800 above with Beauty Dish
Studio Strobe front, below for fill
PocketWizard III
RAW processed in LR 5.4 PhotoShop CC + Topaz ReMask, Detail & Adjust

I tried out the pano mode of the X-T1 while visiting Chaco Canyon. I was surprised how well it turned out. The photo below is web-sized. Here is a link to the full size photo.
(Warning: full size image is quite large..something to consider if you are on a slow Internet connection.)

This was shot with the X-T1 and the 18-55mm. Wish there had been more clouds and less jet contrails.

greypilgrim

I tried out the pano mode of the X-T1 while visiting Chaco Canyon. I was surprised how well it turned out. The photo below is web-sized. Here is a link to the full size photo.
(Warning: full size image is quite large..something to consider if you are on a slow Internet connection.)

This was shot with the X-T1 and the 18-55mm. Wish there had been more clouds and less jet contrails.

Interesting. I haven't tried it yet. I assume this was handheld?

Doug

Nathan W. Lediard

Sorting through my archive for pics to put on my new blog I found this fun shot from 2013.. My 1950s razor, gold plated and I use it every day, so much nicer than those modern plastic multiblade gizmos :D X100 @ f2.8 iso 800 (still a great camera!)

Fuji X-T1 at ISO 25600 in Chaco Canyon at night

While waiting for the moon to rise in Chaco Canyon I decided to play with the X-T1 and went to ISO 25,600 to see what the results might be. Here is the shot and much better than I thought it would be.

Post in Lightroom & Photoshop CS6. By the way, that streak in the upper right section, at 1 o'clock, was a very faint meteor that entered the frame just before the shutter closed. Wish it had burned brighter.

Fuji X-T1 25 18-55mm 20 second exposure at f/4 ISO 25600

Also, I was finally able to rework the Monument Valley shot I took by moonlight around 3 or 4am in the morning. The clouds just would not go away but for a very brief period of time the moon cast some light into the area and this was the result. Again, using the 18-55mm at ISO 1250.

Last edited:

AlanS

Just come back from a week on the Northumberland coast, as you can see it was a bit murky! (most of the week was like this then it rained). A few random shots, X-Pro1 and mainly the 35mm 1.4 lens. this is Lindisfarne Castle in the mist (honest)....