The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

Show me something which is hand polished, said the voice.
I did.

But did it take 45 minutes?, asked the voice.
It did, I said.

But is it a thing of beauty, asked the voice.
It is, I said.

But is it unique, asked the voice.
It is, I said.

There is only one of it kind in the world, I added.

No, said the voice.

Ask Swarovski, I added humbly.

Desert Love with the X-T1

Here are a few that I took in White Sands National Monument near Alamogordo, New Mexico. Such a beautiful place. If you're looking for quiet and solitude you can't beat the desert and the dunes.

All JPG, all shot with the X-T1 and the 18-55. B&W conversion in Lightroom. I have not given up on RAW but until Adobe can do it properly I will shoot JPG with the Fujis... I have had no issues with correcting color/wb in JPGs thus far so I will not suffer the disc usage, frustration and extra work that RAW takes at this time.

If I really need RAW for something I will shoot JPG + RAW and handle it if needed.. but for 99% of what I am shooting, the JPGs are more than enough, especially when you can do so much in post with them.

And here is the color version of the above B&W...

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

From a recent commercial shoot for a local electricity and broadband supplier.. here laying fibre cables.. the thin yellow cable is a finder cable so they can detect where the fibre cables are should the need to at a later date...
X-T1 10-24 @ f11 1/125 polarising filter and profoto D1air 1000