The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Double Negative

Not Available
We should rename this thread to "Way Too Much Fun with the Fuji X..." ;)

Turns out, the Voigtländer 21mm f/1.8 Ultron makes a real snazzy 32mm lens, and its close focusing of .5m (as opposed to most Leica M lenses minimum of .7m) comes into its own on the Fuji X-T1... All but the second one wide open (at f/1.8) - that one was at f/4.

Sapphie

Hi Ron

Great shot, as usual. I am wondering how you are focusing the 14mm - auto or manual and if the latter are you focusing near infinity or trying some hyper-focal technique using the engravings on the lens?

Lee

RonSmith

Hi Ron

Great shot, as usual. I am wondering how you are focusing the 14mm - auto or manual and if the latter are you focusing near infinity or trying some hyper-focal technique using the engravings on the lens?

Lee
Thanks Lee! What I usually do, as in the photo above, is lock the focus on a particular point, then recompose. I believe I focused on one of the trees.

Three from Memorial Day....

It was raining, muggy and I was bored so I decided to find something to shoot indoors at an antique store I visit now and then...

These African masks caught my eye...

Then there was this old German faucet (which I shot some time ago but in B&W) decided to shoot it again.. they moved it into a darker corner.

And last was this set of decorative duck thingys... I just liked the play of light on them..

So much for my Memorial Day.. by the way, my grandfather fought for the British in WWI, My father was on the Missouri during WWII. I am a Vietnam era Vet from the Air Force. Lost three friends in Vietnam... I did not forget. I do take Memorial Day seriously... just wanted to get out and shoot.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I recently took a family trip with an older Fuji P&S as I did not want to be bothered with gear...should have thrown it away a long time ago....

So I added a X-M1 and the 18 F 2 for those kind of outings....

Here is a look at a couple of quick snaps from the combo...and it looks like the green muddle is a thing of the past.

Fuji X-M1 18 F2 LR Astia Present

Thanks,

Bob