The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Nathan W. Lediard

Just a thought Graham... but i you accidentally move the drive switch on the X-t1 to oneof the continuous modes then the flash will not fire....
This last month I have photographed four local kindegartens... I do quite informal portrais of the kids which the parents love.. I used the fuji EF42 with a canon TTL cable.. worked flawlessly on thousands of shots. :) I have also used my Canon 600 RT flashes in manual via the canon TTL cable.. again no problems...

Nathan W. Lediard

One from a shoot today..
This Volvo was actually used as a prop in a shoot, but the owner asked me to shoot the car alone for him.. Bonus :D
X-T1 56mm Profoto lighting and a bit of vintage colouring in lightroom...

Valentin

X-T1 56mm f4.5 1/4 second 6stop ND Profoto 3foot gridded octabox

Nathan,

I see you shoot weddings. Did you use your X-T1 at weddings yet? If yes, how is the focus in dim light? Does it have problems locking focus? I'm shooting with the 5D II currently so you have something to compare with. I'm looking into moving to mirrorless due to weight and I'm considering the X-T1 system to replace my current one.

Thanks,
Valentin

johnnygoesdigital

Another
X-T1 XF56mmf1.2 f1.6 1/180 6 stop B&W ND filter and profoto flash (D1 air 1000 3 foot gridded octabox)

Nathan,

These are really creative! I love the rendering of the 56mm1.2 - the shallow DOF isolates the model beautifully. Also, I love the 14mm portrait, i've always liked shooting wide portraits too.
I just sold all my Sony A7 gear in favor of the Xt1. Fujifilm's prime lens line up is unique and honestly, the reason I switched.

Nathan W. Lediard

Nathan,

I see you shoot weddings. Did you use your X-T1 at weddings yet? If yes, how is the focus in dim light? Does it have problems locking focus? I'm shooting with the 5D II currently so you have something to compare with. I'm looking into moving to mirrorless due to weight and I'm considering the X-T1 system to replace my current one.

Thanks,
Valentin
Hi Valentin :)
Weddings are not my main source of income, portrait and commercial is.. but if someone asks then I will do them :)
I have mainly used 1Dx and Hasselbald for my weddings But have used the X100 in churches as it is so quiet! After moving from Canon to Fuji as main system after the Hasselblad I have not shot any wedding that were dark. The 1Dx is a killer for AF in the dark... the 5DII is not... The X-T1 is good, but you really need to use one a while to understand how the AF works.... I would not be worried about using mine at a wedding. I still have the 1Dx and a very basic L lens line up "just in case" but it sits mainly on the shelf in the studio :)
Hope this helps
Nathan

Nathan W. Lediard

Nathan,

These are really creative! I love the rendering of the 56mm1.2 - the shallow DOF isolates the model beautifully. Also, I love the 14mm portrait, i've always liked shooting wide portraits too.
I just sold all my Sony A7 gear in favor of the Xt1. Fujifilm's prime lens line up is unique and honestly, the reason I switched.
yep, the lenses are everything they are cracked up to be... :)

Double Negative

Not Available
...I just sold all my Sony A7 gear in favor of the Xt1. Fujifilm's prime lens line up is unique and honestly, the reason I switched.
You won't be disappointed! The Fujifilm XF/XC lenses are amazing. Quality products (tight, metal construction) and perform superbly.

I just picked up my second zoom, the 10-24mm (in addition to the 18-55).

johnnygoesdigital

You won't be disappointed! The Fujifilm XF/XC lenses are amazing. Quality products (tight, metal construction) and perform superbly.

I just picked up my second zoom, the 10-24mm (in addition to the 18-55).
I held one recently and was really impressed with the build. Actually, i was kinda limited by just the 55mm 1.8 of the A7. I thought there would be more wide prime FE offerings by now. I know there's FE zooms and some say the FE35mm is nice if you get a good copy, but I want wider and longer primes. I'd love to see pics of the 10mm-24mm. That's probably the only zoom FL that gets my attention. The XF14mm looks amazing too.