The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

johnnygoesdigital

johnny: you could start a "not fun with" thread ... ;)

of course it likely wouldn't have many pics in it. Which is the reason for this "fun with" thread in the first place, and the pleasure posters take in participating.
You're right, not the place for it. Perhaps I'll post my experience with the Xt1 in another thread. Thanks.

ThomasZ

One of my latest attempts to return to b&w, after years of too much colors.

Fuji XE-2 with 10-24 lens at 10mm. West coast of Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.

One of my latest attempts to return to b&w, after years of too much colors.

Fuji XE-2 with 10-24 lens at 10mm. West coast of Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain.
I would not classify this as an "attempt" as it is a beautiful B&W landscape. The tonality is there, the contrast is there, the subject is there, it drew me in and I found myself wanting to be THERE. Excellent work.

I shoot 100% color but what I hang on my walls is almost always B&W by way of conversion from color.

Nathan W. Lediard

What does a working photographer do on holiday? He takes pics of course... So far I have been on a full days shoot in Bristol and shot a wedding in Scotland... :D

Here is a shot from my day in Bristol with my two photogfriends Damien Lovegrove and Chris Hanley.. more to come :)
X-T1 and 56mm natural light.

Nathan W. Lediard

The day after the wedding the newlyweds showed us around the local sights in the scottish borders, so I took the chance to get some extra shots of theme, here enjoying the view of Leaderfoot Viaduct.
Shot with the built in pano function on the X-T1 with the 35mm wide open.

J

JohnW

Really nice work, everyone. Consistently good throughout the thread. Mike, I like your street series of that great male pastime - oogling.

John

Grayhand

X-Pro1 14mm @ f5 iso 320 1/30
I really like this one Nathan.
It´s like a scene from some dream sequence.

But, you do need at least one more son to get a repetitive sequence of children that better matches the light poles.
So you really should discus this with your wife, for the sake of art.
And then in a few year you can be retaking this photo.

I´ll be here waiting :watch:

Ray

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

I was doing the tourist thing in London today and I spotted this guy doing some street shooting outside the British Museum, so I decided to "shoot the shooter" I got of a few shots before being busted and had a nice chat with the guy and finished off with an impromptu portrait. :) First two shots X-T1 with 35mm and last two with X-Pro1 and 23mm