The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

JonMo

Hi everyone.

I haven't posted in the Fuji thread here as I tend to glance, go to the MF topics, pause then off to work. So here all of you are adding something to my day without reciprocity from myself. I apologize.

As so;

I had a little time and decided to take some Macro shots of the Heather blooming in our garden.

But I didn't want to pull out my fancy strobes, Cambo, macro rail and such. So out came the X-T1 with both macro tubes and a cheap Ziekos macro lens usually used on some small video camera ( I think ). I had the Ziekos wide angle adapter for my Video camera back when teaching golf. The back part of it screws off. Once screwed off and turned backwards the threads on it are 39mm so it fit directly onto the XF27mm!

So the combo is 27mm + 16 ext + 11 ext + Ziekos macro.

To light it I used the tiny EX-X8 flash on the camera, a white paper cardboard backed notepad for primary bounce, and empty letter envelope for secondary bounce.

For mounting the camera; standard tripod, Markin ballhead and RRS nodal rail from my Pano kit. Just slid the rail in the ballhead mount for focus.

And my subject; a plucked Heather branch from the yard.

Hope you enjoy the results;

A Heather bloom is about 6mm long. :)

I will try to post more often.

Rand47

X-T1, 50-140 @ 90mm, f/5 @ 1/80th, ISO 2000
This is a serious sensor/lens combination.

Rand

Last edited:

JonMo

A few more from the 27/16/11/+macro add on lens.
This time with lighting from an umbrella scrim on a Hensel.
And the width of these flower are about 5mm.

We all need some colour sometimes. :)

AlanS

As you can probably tell I have just got back from a week on the West Coast of Scotland :D
Fuji X-E1, 14mm f2.8
Eilean Donan Castle, Loch Duich

Last edited:

Nathan W. Lediard

Been an incredibly busy winter, hence very little from me on here... but here is a portrait of a welder from a recent commercial shoot for a fabrication company that supply stuff to the fish farming industry up here :)
X-Pro1 (yep i still use and love this "old" camera) and the XF56mmf1.2 at 6.3 with profoto lighting. Shot on location in the workshop