The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Maggie O

The Narcissus, June 03, 2015 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

So, there was something really familiar about my photos that I couldn't put my finger on and then I went and looked at The Book Of Alien, and by golly, my photos are from the same angles as Ron Cobb's pre-production drawings!

Maggie O

So, I traded in a Mexican Fender for a Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster. Then, I put a tort pickguard and a Callaham bridge assembly on it and I think it's a seriously freakin' awesome Strat, by any measure. It's on a par with Skippy, the '62RI I bought back in 1983.

The only weak link on the Chinese-made Strat was the bridge and the Callaham fixed that. A big yea for the Classic Vibe Squiers.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster, Juine 20, 2015 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster, Juine 20, 2015 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr