The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

AlanS

VERY nice Darr! ^^^
Glad to see you are still posting in this thread. Splitting the "fun with X" seems to be a backward step, we will end up with hardly any traffic which is why it was consolidated in the first place.

darr

VERY nice Darr! ^^^
Glad to see you are still posting in this thread. Splitting the "fun with X" seems to be a backward step, we will end up with hardly any traffic which is why it was consolidated in the first place.
Thank you Alan! :)
BTW, that is Boston, Georgia not Massachusetts.

I have been adding to both threads, but do see how it could cause some disorganization.
Thank you for the guidance.

darr

My cats make great models when testing longer lenses. Jesse is a typical fussy cat and does not like to be bothered unless of course he decides he wants some attention. Joey on the other hand is an affectionate peacemaking kind of guy, and slow moving because of being three legged. I am currently renting the two different xf 56mm lenses, and the 90mm to see if I like them enough to have one of them. I have the Nikon 50mm F/1.2 that I have used with past Nikons and a Sony NEX and wanted to compare it with the xf 56mm APD. Not a lot to say yet except the copy of the 90mm I have has a noisy focusing motor. Anybody else experience this with a xf 90mm? I have constant focusing turned-off in my XP2, but it still makes noises, and that I do not like. :(

jsf

_DSF7780 as Smart Object-1MH 3880 LUSTER.jpg

I photographed this cellist in concert with the Fuji XT 1 and the 100-400mm lens, it was taken at f/5.6 at 1/125 S, at 211 MM. Hand held at 3200 ISO. I was standing next to the back wall as far from the stage as is possible. The light was typical theatrical lighting, with a tungsten base over head light and magenta gels stage left and green gels stage right. I couldn't ask for worse lighting problems and actually have light. I have shot tons of musicians and this is not atypical. I was pleased with the quietness of the Fuji as this was a solo acoustic non microphone concert. I have used my Nikons for similar concerts and camera noise (shutter noise) is an issue. This was my first use of my Fuji and I am quite happy with the results.

darr

--

Just acquired the 56mm APD during the latest sale. Could only find one used 56 APD, but without ND filter and priced very close to sale price, so "click" went the mouse at the B&H website while Neil Young sang: "Helpless, Helpless, Helpless," in the background. Planning on shooting some portraits now that I have this lens. Will be putting up my Nikon 50 f/1.2 and adapter ring now that I made the switch. Image pp in Topaz B&W. First took it into Silver Efex, but Topaz's platinum did a better job IMO. Hoping to use this beautiful camera somewhere else besides my backyard for a quick lens+bokeh test! Finding the time to hit the road has been difficult lately. :(

Hope all is well with everyone. :)