The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

darr

Here are a few portraits I did with the XP2 + xf 56mm F1.2 R APD in the studio. Because the studio was dark, the lens focus was a bit slow for my shooting style and was set to MF mode. Overall I enjoyed using it, but hope the XP2 firmware upgrade due out in October might help with the auto-focus sensitivity. The young people pictured are part of my first year, first semester commercial photography students. Yes, commercial photography is still being taught and there continues to be a small crowd of passionate shooters hoping to get into the profession.

darr

Hurricane Hermine came for a visit the other night. What a night, with wind ravages sounding like a tornado at times. I was a bit lucky and a bit unlucky when compared to the neighbors. Everyone has property debris cleanup and many have roof damage. Our neighbor across the street had *three* trees hit his house and my luck is I only had one tree uprooted (water oak) and fall across the kitchen and garage and extend into the driveway. We definitely have roof damage and possibly truss damage :(. But, the power is finally back on and no one reported any injuries, so I am happy! :) I had cabin fever earlier today when power was still out, so off I went to a favorite small Georgia town. I have photographed this fire truck before but with an infrared Sigma SD1. I love the Fuji and the 14mm. Hope everyone is doing well and for those of you affected by Hermine, may peace be with you! My insurance adjuster is due here on Monday.

Sapphie

X-Pro2, 35 mm f/1.4, ISO 6400, f/5.6, 1/250th, Iridient, Pro-Neg Hi. Auto-ISO was set to go as high as 6400 with lowest SS 1/250.
Not that this is any way a work of art but I might re-process this with the in-camera converter and then get them both printed just to see. Of course there's noise at 100% but ...

Lee