The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

jsf

DSCF0017 as Smart Object-1.jpg

I just returned from our vacation and what a pleasant present waiting for me. So I thought to try some test shots. My new XT 2 with the 55-200mm lens at 200 mm.. ISO 12800. This is a small section of the native 16x25 inch image. It is PP'd in my normal way. The resulting crop is 8x8 inches approximately. One of our Turkish Van cats, Leonard Cohen. I am surprised that the 12800 ISO is usable. I cannot imagine using it much, but I did some tests at 6400 and it is clean with a bit of NR. At 800 ISO which to me is a very usable ISO I could find very little noise to reduce. I do a lot of urban landscape and 800-1600 ISO is often my ISO of choice. The XT 1 did fine in that range, so does my Nikon d800 but i like the higher MP's so I suspect that for some of my travel the XT 2 will supplant the Nikon system that I really like. Except for the weight that is. I also tested the 100-400mm lens hand held in the garden I am just looking at the RAW files in LR and I now want to tripod mount the damned thing and shoot side by side with the d800 and see how much difference there is really.

AlanS

X-T1, 14mm f2.6, Teesdale...
Converted in supplied Silkypixs (Raw file converter) with Pro Neg std and tweaked in Lightroom 6...

Paul2660

Fuji X-Pro2 35mm F2 lens. 4 part vertical pan 3 exposures per vertical segment.

Calico rock on the White River in Arkansas.

Paul Cimage.jpg

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Re: Fuji Fruits for the (Jewish) New Year

all with the new 35/2.0 at relatively high ISO f/4 to f/8 on X-Pro2

scott
Scott,

incredibly great colors and sharpness - typical for what this new Fuji 24MP sensor can deliver!

The 2/35 seems to be a winner too - somehow on my list of Fuji lenses to buy :cool:

Peter