The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Puma Cat

How about some professional motor racing images taken with the X-T2? This was from the last race I shot for 2016 for Sonoma Raceway (I'm one of their accredited track photographers).

GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma, Sept 16-18, 2016...

This is the first race where I was able to shoot with my X-T2 for the entire race weekend, including peak racing action, instead of my Canon 1D-series body. My expectations were fully exceeded with the X-T2. Strapping on the Vertical Power Booster Grip turns the X-T2 into a perfromance beast much like a mini-1Dx. This is a helluva good camera, and it doesn't destroy my back like my Canon gear did (quite literally). Most of these images were shot using the Fuji 100-400 mm lens.
Spencer Pigot during morning practice on Friday...

Ryan Hunter-Reay full-on during a qualifying lap...the car was really moving in this shot.

Graham Rahal flat out exiting 10 coming down the straight to turn 11...the car is going VERY fast through here, approx 150 mph.

Simon Pagenaud on his pole-winning qualifying lap..this image was used by the track for it's qualifying press release.

Pirelli Challenge Cup...GT cars!

RealTime Racing Acura TLX

Pit Lane action during Saturday AM practice...

Push Start...

Tony Kanaan during Friday practice coming through Turn 10, this is the fastest corner on the track, and the cars are very fast through here.

Some pics of the race...
Alex Rossi and Charlie Kimball coming out of the Carousel flat out and pressing each other hard...these guys had the hammer down.

Will Power in a "going-away" shot through the esses...this type of shot of the car rapidly accelerating away from the camera really challenges any AF system (including Canon).

Scott Dixon racing up the hill to Turn 2 in evening light

ptomsu

Workshop Member
@Puma Cat

great shots and reflects exactly my findings. The XT2 paired with the Power Grip and the 100-400 is a beast of a combo. I am using it for wildlife, but obviously suited as well for motorsports!

Best regards

Peter

Puma Cat

@Puma Cat

great shots and reflects exactly my findings. The XT2 paired with the Power Grip and the 100-400 is a beast of a combo. I am using it for wildlife, but obviously suited as well for motorsports!

Best regards

Peter
Thanks, Peter. I was certainly impressed with the performance of the X-T2. It's pretty amazing in boost mode. The various AF shooting scenarios worked well, too. I found single point, mode 3 worked well for most of the shots; with Mode 4 (objects suddenly appearing) for when the car was coming up the hill into Turn 2 and popping into view (e.g. the Ryan Hunter-Reay shot).

Cheers,
Stephen

rayyan

Thanks a lot folks.

I am in Vietnam. These travels are not for me, anymore. Going to sleep, with an aching back, muscles and legs. Don't have the energy to even get a massage!

This cock ( rooster? ) was about to enter a cock fight...

Maybe a few days more, I want to go home.

Thorkil

Hi Rayyan, very nice colours and darkness here! (and mood) Please tell which lens? And is it JPEG almost direct out of the camera, or processed RAF? The Jpeg's seems to process almost better noise-contions out of camera at high iso-levels, than you can achieve by the RAF-files.
Best from Thorkil

rayyan

Alan, Thorkil..thanks for the ' likes '. Much appreciated.

Thorkil, I used the 18-55mm lens for this image. A super lens for travel.

Best regards.

p.s. jpg only. Processed with Photogene⁴. I shall do the RAFs once I m home.

Thorkil

Alan, Thorkil..thanks for the ' likes '. Much appreciated.

Thorkil, I used the 18-55mm lens for this image. A super lens for travel.

Best regards.
Thanks Rayyan, then it looks way better than I suspected it to be, I haven't tried it yet. Then it's worth giving a chance. I guess one then shall try avoid the 55mm end and at the wide end try to stop it down to 5.6.
Best Thorkil

rayyan

Thanks guys:)

It is HCM City. So I had more massages than I want to remember.

Came out from a massage parlor after a long body and foot massage with hot stones. Heavenly!

I always carried a camera with me.

So I am heading back to my hotel..rejuvenated. Stop at a crossing.
I see people crossing perpendicular to me. Swing my self around, and get the mother and daughter ( I presume ). They crossed me, and I heard the young girl say to me or her mother..' perverts everywhere '. I had to reply..I said ' no prissy missy this ain't no pervert..ask your ma '. They walked fast passed me...fast like.

Something interesting I had seen behind the previous non-Vietnamese folk.

Just smiled, clicked and thanked. They smiled back. One even trying to fix her hair. Oh! How I love the vanity in women...