The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

darr

Here is "Joey" the three legged rescue who had to stay at the veterinarian for 8+ months before he could be adopted due to multiple issues; he is a survivor, a tiger, and a sweetheart!
Took this back when I was renting lenses and building my XP2 kit. I eventually decided on the f/2 version mainly due to size and weight.
Photo is a little soft, but I love the pose and the personality captured.

I am enjoying all your wonderful photos! Hope everyone is doing well!

Thorkil

An iconic place in Copenhagen for those of us who lived there in the late 1960's...

https://youtu.be/gfTfj0veLaU
:) ...I was passing by every day, but didn't mingle in with the hippies, and said hello to Otte Sigvaldi almost every day, when he was selling his weird poems on the walkingstreet
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Otto_Sigvaldi_-_1970.jpg
on my way from my rented room between Helligåndskirken (Church of the holy spirit) and Gråbrödre Torv, to the Academy of Art at Charlottenborg.
Times were peaceful and friendly. Those were the days my friend....
Thorkil

rayyan

Thank you friends!!

Indeed. Kongsbak and Thorkil..those were the days, my friends. And we thought they would never end!!

I was in London at that time...King's road, Chelsea and all. Wow!!

scott kirkpatrick

HMMM. I was in Chicago around then, shortly after the Democratic convention turned into a police riot. Danny Lyon had shot The Bikeriders a few years before and moved on, but I heard him one evening at the Art Institute, hosted by Hugh Edwards...

There are some pictures from that time that are still inside my head, but unfortunately not scanned. The negatives are in California, but I intend to retrieve them and salvage a few. Thanks for the motivation.

scott

Last edited:

Kongsbak

:) ...I was passing by every day, but didn't mingle in with the hippies, and said hello to Otte Sigvaldi almost every day, when he was selling his weird poems on the walkingstreet
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a1/Otto_Sigvaldi_-_1970.jpg
on my way from my rented room between Helligåndskirken (Church of the holy spirit) and Gråbrödre Torv, to the Academy of Art at Charlottenborg.
Times were peaceful and friendly. Those were the days my friend....
Thorkil
Well, I was just a kid at that time, though I think I had a "hindbærbrus" once passing by, served by Otto Sigvaldi :)

Most import the spirit, the legends, the human resources, etc. from inner Copenhagen these days had - and to some extend still have - a huge impact on living life in Denmark...