The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

Thanks folks for the ' likes '.

My wife woke me up very early. Around 11:00 hrs :mad: I was on holiday folks. That is early for me, on a holiday.

After the preliminary get-up rituals, I followed her to the Seoul Metro.
' Where to ? ', I asked very politely..of course. We were on holiday, after all.

' Just follow me ', she said; as I limped along. Seoul, friends, is for people who love walking. 5, 10, 15, 20 kms. Love to climb up and down the stairs. I, by this definition, was at a disadvantage in Seoul. She was having fun..

At last we arrived...

' We are going to National Museum Of Korea '. Why, I managed to bleat. Because it is there, she said. Which is as logical as when she replied when I asked her why she had to attempt a climb on Mt. Denali. ' Because it is there '. I could detest a disdain in her voice then and now.

Folks, Seoul is made for walking. As is Beijing. You want to see sights..you walk..I mean walk. Ask Maggie, she was in Xian. From the main road to the Terracotta warrior exhibits, is for bycycles
Not for walking for people like me..

But what I saw cheered me up. I had that extra boost of energy. There was a briskness in my walk and a glint in my eye...

Stairs or no stairs. Didn't matter. I was eager now.
There is an exhibit being held in the National Museum of Korea. It shall be there for a couple of months.
It was packed. Kids. Parents explain to kids and grandparents not understanding any of it.

It also housed exhibits I had seen back home.

It was an exhibition of Saudi Arabian Archeological Treasures.

We spent a long time here. It was superbly presented. Amazing show.

Later that evening, my wife switched the TV to a Korean Language channel!! And there she was being interviewed.
I swear, this was neither pre-arranged nor did any of us have any knowledge of it.

' Go back to sleep ', she said.
'You looked good on TV ', I said. And started snoring.

Thorkil

Well got this 50-140 lens the other day at Foto-C, just beside Nyhavn in Copenhagen, so while the sun was up, and everything were signalizing springtime, just couldn't resist taking half an hours walk at Nyhavn,
so just had to try...

First Aid
Fuji X-T2 50-140/2.8 OIS at iso 800 1/2000 f2.8 140mm C1pro10win

Fuji X-T2 50-140/2.8 OIS at iso320 1/2000 f2.8 140mm C1pro10win

Picnic at the sidewalk
Fuji X-T2 50-140/2.8 OIS at iso 320 1/2000 f2.8 140mm C1pro10win

Thorkil

Thorkil

Nyhavn - Copenhagen

Fuji X-T2 50-140/2.8 OIS at iso640 1/1000 f8 C1pro10win

Fuji X-T2 50-140/2.8 OIS at iso800 1/1000 f8 C1pro10win

Fuji X-T2 50-140/2.8 OIS at iso200 1/2000 f2.8 C1pro10

Thorkil

rayyan

Hi Thorkil.

You seem to be on a spending spree lately! Congrats on the new lens.
Lovely images Thorkil.

How does it balance on the XT-2?

Take care.

Thorkil

Hi Rayyan
Thank you!
:rolleyes: when the cork goes of the bottle its hard to get it back…
Well the Fujinon 90/2 is most for fun, so is the nikkor 135 DC.
This 50-140 is mainly for work, where is has to define cracks on buildings rather sharp and precise at 140, it was definitely sharper than the Nikkor 70-200/4, I only compared them in the long end, where I should use them. The sharpness is impressive even at 140 and 2.8. But it's making the colors rather vivid, a bit too touristlike for my taste perhaps, and I even left the saturation untouched. But ok sun was a bit harsh, and I didn’t want too do much pp, just lowering the brightness etc.
The color management is definitely not in the league with the 90/2, which is something special I think, more Leica-like. But the 50-140 is somehow very easy to get something usefull from, sort of “cash on the desk”, but it might not be for dreaming pictures. But somehow it’s still tempting.
And it doesn’t balance at all, but I won’t buy a batterygrip. After the Nikon D3, I promised myself, no more huge cameras. But I will either carry it in the bag or let it hang in the right hand secured by a Gordy wriststrap, not around the neck. At 17,5cm and 995 gram, and compared to the Nikkor 70-200/2.8 VRII (which perhaps might be almost that sharp in the long end too) at 20,5cm and 1.540 gram, and on a Df, it’s almost a pocket size package :grin:
Take care too Rayyan.
Best Thorkil

Thorkil

Mølleåen (River of Mills)

Fuji X-T2 with 50-140/2.8 at iso 3200 1/2000 f2.8 at 140mm C1pro10(windows)

Thorkil

Last edited: