The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

Today was "Porchfest" day in Trumansburg, NY. Porchfest has been an annual music event in Ithaca where local musicians play on the front porches and balconies around town. This year was Trumansburg's first try at a similar event. We had to walk a little further between venues than in Ithaca, but it was quite pleasant and there were a few twists.

This was a solo guitarist playing on a little cafe patio tucked away next to the creek that runs through village. I think the building was an old mill in the past, but it is now the "Gimme Coffee" cafe.

X100F Provia

rayyan

I want to see winter..northern winters. Snow, wind, cold and the Northern Lights. She said, with a smile.

Right, says I.

We went to Iceland....

scho

The husband was checking out some young ladies on paddleboards and his wife was :angry:

X100F Provia, processed in Luminar Neptune with the AI filter.

darr

Trying out the Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED with a Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter. This lens IMO is a bit heavy for the camera, but I have had it since my D700 days and it is not getting used since I no longer own a dslr except for a Sigma SD1M. I found it easier to handle by holding it under the lens close to the mount where the manual focus ring is. It was surprisingly easy to focus via focus-peaking. If I need to use a zoom, I know I can use this setup. I rented about all the Fuji zooms and decided against buying one because I want my XP2 kit to be light and easy to handle. My longest lens at the moment is the 56 APD, although I am eyeing a 90. I still have an excellent copy of the Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS I used with a long departed NEX-7, but do not know if anyone makes a conversion adapter for use with the X series. Anyone know?

AlanS

Couple of snapshots from a run out on the bike yesterday to Bamburgh, Northumberland. X-T1, 18-55 f2.8-4, If you look carefully in the 2nd shot you can just see the Farne Islands to the right.

scho

Life can be tough for trees rooted on a rocky flood plain. X100F, Provia With Luminar Neptune processing.