The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

rayyan

wow folks, wonderful images being posted here. Well done! :thumbs:
And thanks, my friends :D

Summer in British Columbia.

darr

The tiger

This post is meant to share some lens info. The above snapshot was taken with a $50 Nikkor 70-210mm AI-s lens. The inexpensive plastic model. I chose to purchase only Fuji primes after I rented a few of their zooms, mainly because I hardly ever use a zoom and also because of their weight. Since I occasionally shoot with a Nikon F3 that I dearly love, I tried using my Nikon 50/1.2 on the XP2 prior to purchasing the 56 APD and it worked well with a Fotodiox lens mount adapter. Then I decided to pick up the lightest weight zoom I could find in the Nikon AI-s line to see if it too would work on the XP2. It does, and it is lightweight and inexpensive. I am meeting up with some photography friends this weekend for a boat tour on a local natural spring that is full of wildlife, and look forward to shooting with this "good deal" of a lens. Good to know if you are like me and do not want to invest in a Fuji zoom. The photo is about 20% cropped from right side, shot at ISO 1250, Joey (the cat) was moving, and focus was confirmed via focus peaking.

Kind regards,
Darr

bensonga

Hard to believe it has been 9 months since I last used my X-Pro 1.

There must be an interesting story to this stone carving as it is dedicated of memory of William H. Seward.

Gary

X-Pro 1, 35mm f2 lens, Nik SilverEfex Pro

Last edited: