The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

bensonga

Sounds like you need to trade it in for an X Pro2... :toocool:
I really like my X-Pro 1 and I'm sure I would enjoy the X-Pro 2 even more, but I already have too many cameras that don't get used often enough. Problem is, I hate selling any of them, so for now, I'll just stick with the original. :loco:

Gary

bensonga

I enjoy taking pictures of the same scene or object with different cameras and lenses under varying light. Some of you might have seen this painted bear on other GetDPI "Fun with..." threads. There are several of these bear sculptures around Anchorage, painted by different artists. This is the one I like best.

I made a 12x12 inch print of this image tonight.

Gary

X-Pro 1 and XF 35mm f2 R WR lens. I really like the compact XF f2 lenses.

Quentin_Bargate

I travelled to the Seychelles on vacation with my family (where I still am for a few more days), and decided not to bring along the usual heavy camera gear. Instead, I brought along the Fuji E-X3 and 23mm F/2 and 56mm F/1.2 lenses. This with the 23mm lens. Processed in SilkyPix.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
I travelled to the Seychelles on vacation with my family (where I still am for a few more days), and decided not to bring along the usual heavy camera gear. Instead, I brought along the Fuji E-X3 and 23mm F/2 and 56mm F/1.2 lenses. This with the 23mm lens. Processed in SilkyPix.
Quentin,

this shot is lovely, wonderful and gorgeous - shows the quality of this compact but very capable system impressively :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Many thanks for posting this

Peter

Quentin_Bargate

Thanks, Peter, and I agree about the X-E3. I was contemplating bringing my GFX50S but decided it would be mad to do so on a beach holiday! The X-E3 has excellent image qualtiy and a good lens range. I can see it getting a lot of use.

Quentin,

this shot is lovely, wonderful and gorgeous - shows the quality of this compact but very capable system impressively :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Many thanks for posting this

Peter

Thorkil

well .. trying to keep lazy - at the fruitmarked Caprino Veronese

Hipshot - prefocus
Fuji X-E3 with XF18/2 at iso200 1/60 f11 through C1pro11.2win

thorkil

bensonga

Most of my photo friends are constantly buying new digital cameras and selling or trading in their "old" ones. They are always looking for latest improvements in technology and image quality.

I am certainly not immune to the allure of these improvements, but I still enjoy using the older digital cameras too. For the most part, I'm happy with the image quality that many of the older digital cameras can still produce. I hate the thought of discarding (selling) them just because there is something newer and "better" on the market today. There will always be something newer and better and what is new today will be old tomorrow.

Gary

The Alaska Railroad Station in Anchorage. Shot with the original X100. Printed for a September color print exchange.

Shashin

But you should thank your friends for funding the camera industry. But I am like you, not really that interested in chasing technology. I look at my pictures and judge value in relation to those. The camera technology is not what is holding me back...

bensonga

Dogs on a Fourth Avenue food cart grill....now printed.

There have been many times over the past 16 years of making inkjet prints when I wished I had some good 8.5x14 inch photo paper. It is hard to find pre-cut sheets in this size, so I usually make the prints on 11x14 inch paper. I finally bought a couple boxes of 8.5x14 inch Pecos Glossy from Red River Paper. I like it, but wish they offered a few of their better papers in this size or at least the heavier weight versions of their Pecos Glossy.

Gary

X-Pro1 and the XF 50mm f2 lens, ISO 200, 1/400th at f2

bensonga

Coffee break at work with a friend who has a X-T2. He wanted to see my X-T3. He took a few quick snapshots with it.

He really likes the X-T2 so is more likely to get a 56/1.2 than a X-T3.

Gary

All with the XF 56mm f1.2 at f1.4

Last edited:

Archie

I'm gonna jump into this thread, loving my new X100F and itching to share some images. Incredible little camera.

Some Sao Paulo Rain shot through my Umbrella.