The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Knorp

This is my entire Fuji kit. Some of you may be surprised to learn I have divested myself of Fuji MF kit (based on the GFX50S). I had to for medical reasons. I've had to accept that as my back enters the middle of its seventh decade of service I am permanently unable to carry heavy camera equipment. A complete pain (literally).
Crikey - it does come as a surprise to me, Louis. But I'm very sorry for your back condition and especially you had to give up on your MF-kit.
Still, I'm sure you will enjoy your X-series endeavours (and so will we . . .:))

Best regards.

darr

My Fuji Gear

Sharing the gear we treasure...

I would have shot this with my x100t, but it had to be in the Family Photo. The other digital cameras I have are the ALPA TC and Max with the CFV-50c or P45 backs and some old Sigma stuff I use for macro work (love the older Foveon sensor colors). Everything else is made for film. Since going to the APS-C sensor several years ago, I unloaded all my digital FF gear because I was not using it any longer. The last FF camera I shot with was the D750 which was my instructor camera at the school I taught at, and the last owned-by-me FF was a D700. No more need for FF; its Fuji APS-C and if larger reproduction is needed, then it is my tech cameras. Fuji has freed me up a lot!

Top row: Touit 32/1.8, Touit 50/2.8 macro, X-Pro2 + 14/2.8, 50-230/4.5-6.7, 56/1.2 APD
Bottom row: 18-55/2.8-4, Lensbaby Sweet 50, Lensbaby macro converters 8mm & 16mm, X-E2 (IR 590nm) + 23/2, 35/2, MCEX11 & MCEX16, X100T, TCL100 and WCL100 (chrome).

I use all of these cameras weekly and I believe the x100t gets used the most. I even use it with the TCL100 for shooting some products in the studio when I am too lazy to pull out the heavier gear. I rented a x100f shortly after they came out, but decided to skip the upgrade and wait on the next generation. Lenses I will be changing in the future: sell the 56 APD which is a great lens, but I do not use it enough to justify keeping it. The 50-230 I got for a song used. I do not like shooting with zooms because of their weight, but I thought I would try out this lightweight zoom and it works great for what I use it for, but I hear great stuff about the 55-200/3.5-4.8 which is on my list. While the Touit 32 and 50 are beautiful lenses, they do not play well with IR. I think it must be the lead in the Zeiss secret sauce that gives them their IR issues, but on my X-Pro2 they are keepers.

In the future I might get a XE-3 and keep the 18-55 on it for use as my quick all around snap camera, and have the x100t IR converted since I pretty much only use the 23/2 with my current IR setup.
The Lensbaby stuff is what I shoot some of my studio floral work with, and other than that it does not get used. The macro rings MCEX11 & MCEX16 work well with the Touit 50 macro.
I purchase used gear when it is a good deal and that is how I ended up with a chrome WCL100 converter lens.

Thanks for sharing your Fuji Family Photos!

Kind regards,
Darr

Shashin

How do you like the XF10?
Well, as you have probably noticed, it is getting more use than my X Pro2. It is just so small, it is hard to find a reason to leave it at home. The problem with the small size is you can kind of think to don't have to pay attention as much as you do with a "real" camera. But if you put in the same discipline as with its bigger cousins, it can give really nice results.

Verdict:

Good: you can't rely on your inner slacker.
Bad: you can't rely on your inner slacker.

darr

Well, as you have probably noticed, it is getting more use than my X Pro2. It is just so small, it is hard to find a reason to leave it at home. The problem with the small size is you can kind of think to don't have to pay attention as much as you do with a "real" camera. But if you put in the same discipline as with its bigger cousins, it can give really nice results.

Verdict:

Good: you can't rely on your inner slacker.
Bad: you can't rely on your inner slacker.
So become one with the camera, but be in the present moment. ;)

biglouis

Darr, great set of kit and interesting to see the different lenses you use.

I can thoroughly recommend the 55-200. I got mine second hand so I saved some money on it.

Sharpness and colouration are great all through the range, in my experience. It is the best value-for-money-image-quality lens I have.

LouisB

darr

Darr, great set of kit and interesting to see the different lenses you use.

I can thoroughly recommend the 55-200. I got mine second hand so I saved some money on it.

Sharpness and colouration are great all through the range, in my experience. It is the best value-for-money-image-quality lens I have.

LouisB
Thank you Lou!

biglouis

A couple more photographs taken with the X-T3 and the Fujinon 80/2.8 macro with the TC1.4x teleconverter applied.