The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

archiM44

Hello,
Could you let me know what DR setting you used?
Haven’t let you know how much I have enjoyed your posts since I returned to the x-pro2 a few weeks ago after 2 years of Olympus mft. I now have to rebuild my collection of lenses which I sold off when switching. I do wish Fuji had a travel zoom as good as the Olympus 20-40mm f2.8. I may have had a bad example, but my Fuji 18-55 didn’t give very nice IQ.
Regards and thanks for your fine images

Shashin

Hello,
Could you let me know what DR setting you used?
Haven’t let you know how much I have enjoyed your posts since I returned to the x-pro2 a few weeks ago after 2 years of Olympus mft. I now have to rebuild my collection of lenses which I sold off when switching. I do wish Fuji had a travel zoom as good as the Olympus 20-40mm f2.8. I may have had a bad example, but my Fuji 18-55 didn’t give very nice IQ.
Regards and thanks for your fine images
Thank you.

I am just using the DR 100 setting.

When using a tripod, which is not often (although I should use one more, like with the alleyway shot above) I set my ISO to 200, although I am thinking of experimenting with ISO 100. Most of what I post here is with auto ISO limited to a maximum of 1600. I occasionally will go above that all the way to 12,800 if light is really marginal.

Shashin

XF10

It kind of reminded me of the old ZZ Top song: They've got legs, but they don't know how to use them. (Hint: they go below the torso.)

Last edited:

biglouis

One of my best bird photos this year. A bar-tailed godwit in flight, taken at RSPB Pagham Harbour last week. X-T3, 100-400. I'm amazed the camera locked on to the bird even though it was flying against vegetation in the background.

iso800 400mm f5.6 1/2500

Shashin

When in Chicago...

The Cloud Gate (AKA the Bean) is just a fun sculpture.

XF10

Last edited: