The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Shashin

Stellar shot there Will! Love the message and the color!
Darr, thank you. And that is the mystery of photography for me. Had it been at any other time, the elements would not have been there. Naturally, you need to see it as well; it was definitely a double-take moment. The funny things is I have no reason to suppose that I will ever find another interesting image. Yet, you put yourself out there and the magic just seems to appear, it least if you are open to it. Photography is less about taking pictures as it is about finding gifts.

Naturally, it helps that there are creative people in the world making fun stickers...

Shashin

Re: Red, Green & Blue

Hi Joel,

I use Lightroom for pp. I do have C1, but stopped upgrading at v9 bc I simply do not have the time to devote to the learning curve.
I also like the use of catalogs in Lightroom, but need to see if C1 is using them now.

Kind regards,
Darr
I am not sure if you know that C1 has a free Fujifilm edition. I am not sure it has the catalog functionality, but it does handle X-Trans files nicely. The C1 catalog system I am not sure I like--I just put images in my own folder system and use Adobe Bridge to find them.

I am at a bit of a crossroads. I have to update my computer system in the next year or so, but I really want a RAW processor that handles both X-Trans and Pentax medium-format files--C1 still does not support the Pentax 645D and 645Z. My original research suggests Adobe does not handle X-Trans very well and so I went to Irident Developer to convert to TIFF and then process in Photoshop. I understand that worms and other artifacts are an issue with Adobe. How do you feel about that?

darr

Re: Red, Green & Blue

I am not sure if you know that C1 has a free Fujifilm edition. I am not sure it has the catalog functionality, but it does handle X-Trans files nicely. The C1 catalog system I am not sure I like--I just put images in my own folder system and use Adobe Bridge to find them.

I am at a bit of a crossroads. I have to update my computer system in the next year or so, but I really want a RAW processor that handles both X-Trans and Pentax medium-format files--C1 still does not support the Pentax 645D and 645Z. My original research suggests Adobe does not handle X-Trans very well and so I went to Irident Developer to convert to TIFF and then process in Photoshop. I understand that worms and other artifacts are an issue with Adobe. How do you feel about that?
Will,
I have only used LR for my Fuji files so I have no other RAW processor to compare it to. I do remember hearing the worm like pattern appearing when sharpening and/or over sharpening occurred with some files. I hardly ever sharpen, so it never has been an issue for me. With a few recent LR updates, the chatter is now saying Adobe fixed the issue. I did a quick google search and here is an article written by a LR user that goes into detail about it further. Also, I print with ImagePrint and when my Fuji files need to up-res sometimes as high as 25%, I have no problems with resolution. IMO Fuji is a fantastic camera system. :)

I have been using LR since v.1 when I was invited to be a beta tester. I have tried C1 when I got my P45 back, but stayed with LR while I was trying to teach myself C1. Then I bought the Hasselblad CFV-50c back and C1 does not support it, so I stopped using C1. LR works seamlessly with PS for many corrections I make, so it has been my main post-processing tool for over ten years now.

My LR catalog goes all the way back to the 1980s as I digitize my old film library in my spare time. I honestly cannot be as productive as I am without the catalog system LR has in place, plus it handles my CFV-50c RAW files just fine. I will be happy to answer any questions about LR you may have (I use to teach LR in the classroom).

Kind regards,
Darr

darr

XP2, XF23
What a great series!
I was married to an airline pilot for 20+ years and looked out of a lot of airplane windows (even sat in the cockpit a bunch of times), but I never saw what you see Will.
Really enjoy seeing your work.

Darr

Shashin

This is a stereo pair. If you cross your eyes and fuse the left and right images, you will see a 3-D rendering.

And this is only possible with photographs. While clues like overlapping objects, aerial haze, red to blue shift in color, and motion parallax would give perspective or the illusion of depth looking out of an airplane window, the parallax from your eyes that allows you to see depth, called stereopsis, at close distance does not work with objects so far away. The only way to do that is increase the left and right view points by allowing the aircraft to travel and taking two image like these.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member

This is a stereo pair. If you cross your eyes and fuse the left and right images, you will see a 3-D rendering.

And this is only possible with photographs. While clues like overlapping objects, aerial haze, red to blue shift in color, and motion parallax would give perspective or the illusion of depth looking out of an airplane window, the parallax from your eyes that allows you to see depth, called stereopsis, at close distance does not work with objects so far away. The only way to do that is increase the left and right view points by allowing the aircraft to travel and taking two image like these.
VERY NICE!

How did you get two airplanes to take pictures simultaneously? :grin:

Shashin

A photographic exhibition of holocaust survivors at the National World War I Memorial in Kansas City.

X Pro2, XF23 f/2

Shashin

Planet KC

Although you will not be able to tell, XP2 and an adapted M-Rokkor 90mm, f/4--it gives very pretty star bursts.

biglouis

A small waterfall on Ponden Beck, a stream which flows from the high moor in West Yorkshire down to the valley below. The water is a dark colour, almost the colour of a good stout, due to the peat through which it flows. I didn't have an ND filter or tripod with me so I set the iso to L on the X-t3, the aperture to f14 and the speed down to 1/8 on the XF 18-55. This demonstrates that with care the OIS on the lens works very well handheld.

Shashin

I have this hypothesis: people sit in rooms that match the color of their clothing. For supporting evidence, also see the image above...

Shashin

National Gallery of Art (the two above are from the Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City). XP2, XF14.