The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

Trying my Contax G 45/2 Zeiss Planar (LM mount) with the XT3. OK, but really need IBIS for these manual focus legacy lenses.

scho

Still trying to bond with the XT3, but not doing very well. Mounted the 18-55 and took it for a stroll around the Floriculture facilities near the Arboretum and got a rather low hit rate (auto focus problems). This is one that was OK (nice brick wall, but not very interesting plants). I think I have been spoiled by the GFX 50R, but I will persevere with the XT3 and work out the kinks and image quality expectations.

AlanS

Still trying to bond with the XT3
Hi Carl, as a former XT1 owner that wonders sometimes why the hell I sold it, I would say stick with it! I thought it was a wonderful camera, both in hand and results wise. The a/f was fine for my sort of shooting (which seems similar to your needs) and my understanding is the XT-3 a/f is streets better!

Shashin

Still trying to bond with the XT3, but not doing very well. Mounted the 18-55 and took it for a stroll around the Floriculture facilities near the Arboretum and got a rather low hit rate (auto focus problems). This is one that was OK (nice brick wall, but not very interesting plants). I think I have been spoiled by the GFX 50R, but I will persevere with the XT3 and work out the kinks and image quality expectations.
I have a small camera problem: I get a compact camera for those times I don't want to take the big one and think that it is for snapshots. The problem is that I need to put in the same amount of effort with the small camera as the big one to get good images. It is not that the camera is bad, it is because my psychology shifts. So I have learnt to play a little game in my head where I think I have a very sophisticated camera that has been put in a small body. Once I can get into the same controlled mindset as I do with my "serious" cameras, things just fall into place. I think it is hard when you do have a larger system as when you opt for the small camera, you are already in the mindset of not wanting to bother using the larger camera because of the effort.

Your XT3 may just need a little love...

biglouis

Back garden fox: X-T3, XF 80/2.8

I'm fortunate that given the length of time this fox and his siblings have remained in our garden (or I should say, territory) I have been able to photograph this fox with various different lenses. Out of all the lens combinations on my X-T3 and the GFX50R, the combination of the X-T3 and the XF 80/2.8 Macro is to my eyes the best.

These are straight out of camera (RAW), wide open at f2.8. I really like the colour draw and the sharpness of the lens/sensor combination. Having had many different macro lenses over the years including the Leica R 60mm, Leica 90/4 Elmar (last version), the PanaLeica 45/2.8, the Sony E-mount 90/2.8 and the GF120/4, I really think this the best lens of them all - dare I say it, even better than Fuji's MF big brother.

scho

A few shots with the XT3 and 18-55 kit lens from a walk at Myers Point on the east shore of Cayuga Lake near the mouth of Salmon Creek.