The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

scho

A few hand held snaps with the XT3 and 18-55 at Ithaca Falls. The OIS in the little kit lens made it possible to drop the shutter speed down to about 1/4 to 1/3 sec to get some blur in the fast moving water.

This area of the Fall Creek gorge is directly below the now defunct Ithaca Gun company factory and there is serious lead pollution in the soils.

Three young men flyfishing for spawning salmon and brown trout in a deep pool at the base of a cliff downstream from the falls. No room for backcasts here so strictly roll casting.

Shashin

This area of the Fall Creek gorge is directly below the now defunct Ithaca Gun company factory and there is serious lead pollution in the soils.

Three young men flyfishing for spawning salmon and brown trout in a deep pool at the base of a cliff downstream from the falls. No room for backcasts here so strictly roll casting.
I guess that is what makes the fish sink. Still, a nice change from mercury...

:p

Thorkil

the X-E3 is just such a handy camera and for the time being I think its more simple and visual to handle than the GR, while with the XF 18/2 on with a traditional aperture-ring you can see it all by looking down upon the camera, aperture, shutter, +/-EV, and then it got a viewfinder too, and even the 18/2 is not a pancake lens, it fits in my coatpocket

Fuji X-E3 with XF 18/2 at iso 200 1/60 f2 throgh C1pro12.1.4

thorkil

scho

Just received a Fringer EF-FX Pro II adapter (arrived with firmware 1.3 so I flashed it to current v 1.4 before using it). Works perfectly (including autofocus and IS) with full exif transfer as well. Quick sample image below using the Canon EF 16-35 f/4L. Started snowing last night at around 8 PM and still snowing now.

and one more of the "Great White"

I am pleased with the performance of the Fringer adapter on the XT3 and the Canon 16-35 f/4L is also working well. Next will be a trial with a 3rd party EF mount lens.

Last edited:

scho

Just received a Fringer EF-FX Pro II adapter (arrived with firmware 1.3 so I flashed it to current v 1.4 before using it). Works perfectly (including autofocus and IS) with full exif transfer as well. Quick sample image below using the Canon EF 16-35 f/4L. Started snowing last night at around 8 PM and still snowing now.

I am pleased with the performance of the Fringer adapter on the XT3 and the Canon 16-35 f/4L is also working well. Next will be a trial with a 3rd party EF mount lens.
Continuing with a Tamron SP 90/2.8 DI Macro VC (EF mount) in the Fringer adapter on an XT3. AF, IS, and EXIF also all working well with this lens. See also post in GFX 50R Mount Fuji Active thread for samples with the Kipon AF adapter on the GFX 50R.

biglouis

How is autofocus speed with this adapter? Could it be used with a Canon 300/4 or 300/2.8 for wildlife, especially birds in flight? I still think the XF 200 is too short for wildlife and I wish Fuji could give us a 300 or 400mm prime with a f4 aperture.

LouisB

scho

How is autofocus speed with this adapter? Could it be used with a Canon 300/4 or 300/2.8 for wildlife, especially birds in flight? I still think the XF 200 is too short for wildlife and I wish Fuji could give us a 300 or 400mm prime with a f4 aperture.

LouisB
Hi Louis,

Autofocus is very fast with the Fringer adapter when using PD AF modes. The latest firmware enables use of all PD points across the sensor and wide field tracking is possible. Both the Canon 300 f/4 and f/2.8 are on the list of lenses tested and optimized for the Fringer adapter. I do not own any of the big Canon primes (just have the old 100-400) so I cannot test, but you might want to download the user manual on the Fringer website and review the sections on AF and IS. Small single point AF is not recommended as it reverts to contrast detect mode with slower performance.

Best regards,
Carl

scho

Hi Louis,

Autofocus is very fast with the Fringer adapter when using PD AF modes. The latest firmware enables use of all PD points across the sensor and wide field tracking is possible. Both the Canon 300 f/4 and f/2.8 are on the list of lenses tested and optimized for the Fringer adapter. I do not own any of the big Canon primes (just have the old 100-400) so I cannot test, but you might want to download the user manual on the Fringer website and review the sections on AF and IS. Small single point AF is not recommended as it reverts to contrast detect mode with slower performance.

Best regards,
Carl
A quick trial shot with the Canon 100-400 @275mm on the Fringer/XT3. Focusing was very quick and accurate, but IS was a bit flaky. I think the IS problem lies with the old lens and not the adapter.

biglouis

TASTY TREAT - An adult Herring Gull feeds a freshwater crayfish to its now very large youngster. The Cormorant in the background seems uninterested.

X-T3, XF 100-200